1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey annoyed during SR610 interview.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dram1, Jul 19, 2012.

1. dram1

dram1 Member

Highlight of the interview had Josh Innes fo SR610 afternoon show asking Morey how long are the Rockets going to be treading water before he gets fired. Morey replied that its up to Les Alexander and he doesn't feel that the team is treading water because they are improving the team.

All in all he (Morey) has obviously gotten wind of the bashing 610 has layed on him and the organizaton lately (because they aren't the flagship station of the Rockets any longer?) and came into the interview ready to get picked on. I think he handled himself professionally.

Josh Innes has made a career of asking point blank questions for shock value, claiming to be asking the questions we all want to ask. But I think his delivery is not well thought out and sometimes crosses the line of professionalism.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

No Rocket fans like 610 anymore.

/thread

1 person likes this.
  3. cardpire

cardpire Member

seems like that's a question that we'd want to ask les, not morey. doesn't really make sense asking morey that, other than looking for rome v. stern shock value.

1 person likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Josh Innes can suck my ****. If I see him at a Rockets game I'll tell him myself.

2 people like this.
  5. liveguy

liveguy Member

Sports Radio 610 fell off as soon as they gave Innes a show.

Vandermeer wisely bounced.

How that dude Innes still has a gig is beyond me.

No one cares and about that nasal voiced douche or his dad.

610 shoulda cut that clown a long time ago.

1 person likes this.
  6. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Should've asked him if he was mad that 610 got dumped like fecal matter after a 3 day Taco Bell binge.

7. 713

713 Member

the real question is why are you listening to 610?

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Josh is a tool, but is he wrong? Despite how you feel about the job Morey's done, the question is out there. How much of a leash does Morey actually have?

And Morey's "we're not treading water, we're improving" answer was total PR BS.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

i have been a recent transplant of sport 790...just got back home and turned on 610 and was like what is this garbage...and then...saw that 790 was going to be the new flagship for the Rockets...switched...and have loved them ever since...and they are on I heart radio...610 is garbage....

10. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

He is such a fat turd. I'll tune in to 610 from time to time to hear Rockets talk if other stations are covering women's field hockey, and the guy is just a hack. His input is often disingenuous and contradictory seemingly for his personal entertainment. Josh Innes is just about the worst thing I can think of on the radio and I think his colleagues are sick of him too.

11. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I prefer 790.

12. conquistador#11

This just shows Maury is now a complete Houstonian.
    You could tell right from the get go of that interview that Maury was annoyed. With the douche I can understand, but with Rich it surprised me. His response to Rich, "Well good thing it's my job to worry about that." I'm paraphrasing. Good stuff not quite caliendo though.

13. zcity

zcity Contributing Member

How Rich deals with him (Innes) is incredible. Such a pro with such a putz !!

The guy talks out his A$$ 99% of the time.

Glad Morey handled it like a pro

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That question is downright rude. I would just (slightly) slap the interviewer for that.

15. liveguy

liveguy Member

His answer is honest and based off of what he thinks!

And he (Morey) is right.

The players they have now are young with high ceilings!

Run and gun!

Players will come.

16. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

I 2nd that!

Can we make "Bash Josh Innes you reeeeeally do suck Grizzly bear Balls" Thread??? Please?

17. dram1

dram1 Member

More habit than anything...they have always been the leaders in this market. Content is getting bland as most is filled with gimmicky BS. But Charlie P at 790 can put you to sleep.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

and now it will be the highest downloaded podcast with a dedicated thread on clutchfans

u guys are either complete tools or 610 moles

19. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

Very unprofessional and it's not the first time he has done this!! If he wants to have that opinion and share it with the audience fine....wait for the interview to end. Asking that question IS NOT because that is what we want - its to embarrass Morey and nothing more! If it were a legit question there should be a legit answer to give....how could Morey legitmaity answer that - he couldn't!!!

He owes Morey an apology.

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

This.