1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just witnessed a guy get arrested....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by roxxfan, Nov 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

I was at school and a fellow student got cuffed in front of me for stealing some food from the bookstore. I felt really bad for him because he was obviously just hungry and some students struggle more than others to make it. Sucks. I am by no means justifying what he did, but it is understandable.

I was considering trying to talk to the cop to try to get him out of the situation, but decided against it. I was going to offer to pay for the value of the items stolen in exchange for his release. Would that have worked? I feel really sad now...

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't feel bad. You're a good dude for caring and willing to pay for him, but he shouldn't steal.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No, I don't think that would have worked. But, if you feel bad, you can go down to the station and post bail for him.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

In before swoly-D.

2 people like this.
  5. roxxfan

Tbh I probably would but I already left the school. Would be like 10% of $200 if I am not mistaken.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He's too busy providing extra evidence to the cops in this case, including some empty power-bar wrappers. :(

7. roxxfan

What sucks is this guy is trying to make something of his life. He is not just on the streets committing more severe crimes for money. He is trying to survive. I cannot imagine being so damn hungry that I would need to risk doing that. Smh. This sucks.

Even if you are going to charge him, don't put him in cuffs in front of everyone. Idk man.

8. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

You obviously have great intentions. The only part I don't completely understand is....what was it that makes it obvous he was hungry, and that he was struggling? If it's just because he stole something miniscule, that doesn't mean he's struggling. He may have $200 in his pocket, but may have wanted the thrill, was too lazy to pay, or thought it was just so easy that he decided to go for it. Either way, if he's struggling that much, then maybe he shouldn't be going to college. Food > education. If it's that bad, get more student loans and don't take as many classes (pocket the extra $$). Basically use that money to help you get by. I commend you for wanting to help the guy, but it's hard to have remorse for him (at least for me....although I wasn't there in person).

9. roxxfan

I see where you are coming from. I guess it was because of how he pleaded with the cop, as well as the low quality of his clothing. Then again, looks can be deceiving. There are ways around without crime. Just the feels.

10. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What food item did he steal?

12. roxxfan

Why does ethnicity matter?

As far as I know a bag of chips. Maybe something else.

13. yo

yo Contributing Member

:mad::mad::mad: You wanted to HELP a CRIMINAL??? :mad::confused: He deserves to ROT in JAIL and then HELL for doing what he did! :mad: You do the crime, you do the TIME. :cool:

/Swoly-D

2 people like this.
  14. droopy421

droopy421 Member

First time seeing a guy arrested or something?

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Right is RIGHT, and wrong is WRONG. He broke the LAW. :eek:

No one is ABOVE the LAW. :eek::mad: What's wrong with following the LAW? :confused::eek::cool:

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This arrest won't help him get a job . . . . .further impediment to his upward mobility

Rocket River

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Exactly. :eek:

Thanks, ima_drummer2k. Thanks. :grin:

18. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

What if a young parent could not provide enough food for the kids and decide to steal some sandwiches to feed his/her family?

The situation is usually not that bad in this country, even for homeless people. However, in many places around the world, people are literally dying of hunger, would it be so wrong for them to decide to steal some food?

20. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

10/10 Would watch Swoly impersonation again.