1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Lawyers] Need legal Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Uprising, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Granville

Granville Member

Bang her ex's current girlfriend, posts pics here, send him a link to the pics and Profit.

2. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Maybe just ask the ex to write the letter to the loan company? I have a feeling if you pay this guy a couple hundred dollars he'll pretty much do whatever you want. Could be cheaper than a lawyer (?)

3. nono

nono Member

Is the guy a complete deadbeat or what ? Has your girlfriend been able to get in contact with him. So both the guy and his mother are off the leash and responsibility falls to your girlfriend ? Sounds so messed up.

I don't have any experience with this, but instead of paying the deadbeat's loans I'd rather pay all that money to a good lawyer. Either way, this is going to end up costing both of you, unless the guy has an epiphany and suddenly acts like a responsible adult, which is not happening.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

If you've gotten in contact with the ex maybe you should write a letter on his behalf and forge his signature claiming all responsibility for the loans in question. Fight fire with fire.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I second this. And note: isn't Nook an attorney? I don't see how you can forge a co-signer without the co-signer undergoing a credit check that she should have been aware of.

I think the gf might be lying to you. Maybe you're her White Knight who will protect her from her own lies.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

^OP could be this girl's long mark. A sucker white knight who falls for stories of damsel in distress locked into loans of others. She has to take out new loans to "pay" for the old loans, but she needs a cosigner white knight to save her. Once the white knight cosigns, she leaves the knight and runs off with the ex laughing away with the new cash.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, how was the document electronically signed? For instance, when I pay my HOA fees, I type my name to indicate it is me, however, when I have electronically signed more important documents, I have either physically signed on my tablet or pasted an existing signature of mine into a PDF.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

It is fairly easy to forge an electronic signature. You just use your mouse pointer and sign. You can try over and over again until it is perfect. A lot of my overseas banking requires online signature so I've seen many variations of the electronic signature required and most of them are very low tech.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

As you should be. I'm glad that I don't work with you as well.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Grifter! The "long mark" lols.

Duncan McDonuts once again peels away the obfuscation layers of an OP story to reveal the truth. Or, he should write a movie script with his imagination.

Well done!

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well she found a lawyer that said he'll take the case.

What are the going rates of typical lawyers?

$1000 just to pick it up, and then $350 an hour to work on the case?

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

It all depends on the level of attorney and the type of law they practice really.

Generally, the more experience an attorney has the higher their hourly rate will be. The attorney should have discussed fees with you prior to accepting your case though.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

He stated his prices before hand, I just have zero experience in this situation.

Basically, it seems it would be a identity theft type of case / pressure on the lady who fraudulently co-signed my gf onto the secondary parental loan for her son's tuition loan. Or something like that.....

14. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

gotcha. What all did that attorney say he would do for you to try and rectify the situation?