1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Bob McNair pull a Jerry Jones and make R. Smith make a big trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by robroy77, Oct 18, 2010.

1. robroy77

robroy77 Contributing Member

With all the talk starting of Asomugha to Houston, I think if it happens Mr. McNair will make the call. Not make the call as in OK the trade, I'm talking about Mr. McNair forcing the trade. Something that Jerry Jones has done many times. We all know that Rick Smiths philosophy is build through the draft. By trading for Asomugha he would be admitting his #1 pick this year is a early bust. He probably would be giving up at least a 1st and 3rd round pick to pull the trade off. Thats a lot to give up and admit to for a GM like Smith. That is where I think Mr. McNair would have to step in and tell Smith to make it happen. I know we can all dream, but this seems like the only way it could happen. If it does happen, we will have turned the corner in our back office. When you make a huge splash one time, it makes it a lot easier to pull the trigger again. Personally I think if we pulled of the Asomugha trade and were able to sign Merrimen off waivers, our team would look drastically different in Defensive Attitude. Merrimen brings a lot of energy and toughness and Asomugha brings attitude by just being such a damn good shutdown corner. Thoughts?

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

If it is up to Bob McNair, I am 100% sure it will not happen. I would trust Rick Smith to do something about the situation more than I would McNair. That being said, I am almost certain that not trade will happen. Its just not something I see Kubiak, Smith, or McNair wanting to do, that is just how they are. Not to mention this is not the NBA, trades rarely happen

3. Raven

Raven Member

With our draft history, giving up future picks doesn't bother me. Even more than a new coach, we need a new GM.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Smith has done pretty well in the draft, if you want to replace him who do you have in mind? As for the coach really Kubiak has improved the team's record every year, he hasn't lost this job yet...now the Defensive coordinator...

But really, I don't see a trade going down. This team just values their picks a lot, if we do make a trade I bet it will be for Haynesworth and not Aso.

I don't think Aso is really available. If he is though, and MAAYBE Andre lobbies for him since they are supposedly cool with each other MAAAYBE the Texans make a move.

Would be great to get Big Al right before the Colts.....would be great to Have Big Al against the Titans. I think and like I've always said about him, I think he'll come here to play. He'll be in a 4-3 again and he'll have a lot of motivation.

5. RocketMania1991

Don't blow everything to get Aso. If you can get anything at all let it be Haynesworth.

I don't want us trading any high picks that we don't have to.

Continue to let our CB's adjust to the game.

We all wanted to destroy Mario Williams his rookie year, let Jackson play this season and see how he progresses going into next year.

Being a starting rookie in the NFL is rarely ever going to be easy.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Wait, what? I think our GM has done a great job with the draft.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Jerry Jones is a very hands on owner. Bob McNair isn't. Jones is the only owner who takes it upon himself to be the GM. He doesn't have to force anybody to do anything. I don't think McNair is going to force Rick Smith to do anything.

PS - The Cowboys suck.

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I'd trade a 1st and 2nd this year, easily, for Aso.

9. Angle02

Angle02 Member

Cough... Al Davis...

10. conquistador#11

I would even be happy with someone less than asomugha, maybe the bills would be interested in acquiring a 2nd for one of their Corners. And then a friendly trade with the redskins for Haynesworth, just for this season.

Like others, I don't think anything will go down. But there was that one time when we got that awesome running back/field medic. :p

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd be stunned (happily) if McNair reverses course and pushes his chips in for once.

12. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Count me in as well. I think Namdi would be a huge upgrade, as would Hayensworth.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Uncle Bob is 73 years old. If I was him, I'd be looking to win now.

14. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hells NO!! That's too steep a price.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How about the price of another 8-8 or 7-9 season?

You liek?

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Al Davis gets:

The Secret to Eternal Life

Bob McNair gets:

Nnamdi Asomugha

TRADE ACCEPTED

17. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

[​IMG]