1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

{Credit Karma} Free credit history AND credit score

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DcProWLer277, Jan 28, 2009.

1. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Boss from work told me about it and yes it's legit. No credit card required so check it out if you want! ;)

http://www.creditkarma.com/

2. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

I further understand that by submitting this registration form I am authorizing Credit Karma, once it has obtained my credit score for me, to retain a copy of such credit score in its records along with the other information I am submitting through this registration form (collectively, the "Registration Profile"), and to use that Registration Profile to match me with product and services offers from time to time from its marketing partners, which offers it will send to me either by e-mail (only if I opt-in via email preferences) or through the display of banner ads. I understand that Credit Karma will not be sharing my Registration Profile with any of those marketing partners and that it is completely up to me to decide whether I would like to accept any of the offers I receive, in which case I would deal directly with the marketing partners at issue.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

^
    And all you have to do is give them your SS# !?

4. droxford

droxford Member

does it provide credit rating?

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better understand user interaction with our web site. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users."

6. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Uh, no thank you!

You see, there ALWAYS has to be a catch when it comes to those "free" things.

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Sometimes I feel like... somebody's watching me

[​IMG]

8. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

By rating if you mean your FICO score then yes.

9. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

10. Fatty FatBastard

I actually posted a gov't site on here a couple of years ago that Dave Ramsey recommended. On that one you actually can check your credit, for free, once a year. I forgot what it was. I'll try to locate it tomorrow.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I've been using Credit Karma for about a year now free of charge. Its a really great site. I think they switched from Transunion score reporting to Equifax recently.

12. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

www.annualcreditreport.com

that's the only really legitimate one.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew