1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslim college student admits making up claim that gunman followed her to campus, threatened her

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Feb 13, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This is why it's important to get all the facts. Now we have a Muslim like this trying to make up a story about Islamophobia out of thin air. She should have to reimburse the police department for any expense wasted on this search.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...n-followed-her-to-campus-threatened-her.html/

-----------
    Muslim UT Arlington student admits making up claim that gunman followed her to campus, threatened her

Published: February 13, 2015 11:42 am

Update at 4:23 p.m. by Julie Fancher: The student who reported being threatened at gunpoint by an unknown suspect on campus earlier this week admitted to police Friday that the incident did not happen, a UT Arlington spokesperson said.

University spokeswoman Kristin Sullivan said in a follow up interview with police, the student told police she had not been on campus that day and the confrontation did not happen.

UT Arlington police had been investigating the complaint along with the Arlington, Denton and University of North Texas police departments.

Original post by Mallory McDonald: A UT Arlington student reported being threatened at gunpoint by an unknown suspect on campus Wednesday morning.

The Muslim student told police she was followed by the man for six miles before reaching campus. The man who followed her was driving a white Ford pickup with a Texas flag on the antenna.

When the student parked her car about 9:15 a.m. in Lot 49 at South Cooper and West Mitchell streets, she said, the suspect got out of his truck, yelled a threat and pointed a gun at her. Afterward, the man left the scene.

The suspect was described as a white man in his mid-30s wearing a camouflage baseball cap, a short-sleeve blue shirt and bluejeans. He also wore a black bracelet and a wooden bead bracelet on one wrist.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

somebody making stuff up to get attention!?! Who would have thought such people exist. :rolleyes:

This is clearly aimed at the previous thread, so might as well find the balls to clearly say what you want you bigot.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Still doesn't take away from the plight of the brown and black man in white America. Brought in shackles on the shores of Jamestown and still in shackles today at the shores of Gitmo. Just the other day I saw a whitish fella with an "Be American, Buy American" sticker on the back of his truck. Can you believe that?

4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I guess it also excuses stuff like this.

[​IMG]

http://abc13.com/515887/

1 person likes this.
  5. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Weird how you only make threads to make minorities look like liars or thugs. I don't think I've ever seen a thread about white criminals by Mr. Texxx.

1 person likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's standard clown show behavior at this point.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I went to UT Arlington my freshman year. #TheMoreYouKnow

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't trust those Muslims. It's clear when a person claims a white person did something wrong you have to get all the facts.

However, when it's a black person, better pull the trigger just in case (they do seem to be more likely to be criminals right?) and then get the facts.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What does her being Muslim have to do with this story?

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Muslims are liars

Duh

11. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

It's not weird. It's typical. Expect this king of behavior from bigtexxx and you won't be disappointed.

But to get back on topic, bad on the girl to make up information like that.

Also, I'm fairly certain you wouldn't see a headline like, "Jew admits making up claim..." or "Hindu admits making up claim..." or even "Christian admits making up claim..." Stupid to mention the religion of the person unless it makes a significant impact to the story.

12. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

"But wait, I have a lot of Muslim friends, we go to bar mitzvahs all the time!"

13. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

My point was proven just as I expected it to have been.

The same folks saying "why does it matter she was a Muslim" sure are arguing the opposite in the "white dude kills 3 Muslims" thread! Hypocrites.

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

This has to be a joke.

15. durvasa

Not necessarily. Did the white dude kill those 3 people because they are Muslim? Did this lady claim the gunman followed her to campus because she's Muslim? One could reasonably have a difference answer to both those questions.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You are absolutely right. It's actually so blatantly obvious that they should be embarrassed.

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

durvasa, you seem like quite a rational guy. But the Muslim topics seem to pique your interest. Are you a Muslim yourself?

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We didn't land on Plymouth Rock, Plymouth Rock landed on us!

19. durvasa

No, I have no religious affiliation. FYI, I have Hindu heritage, but religion was never forced on me.

20. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Careful when you answer this one Durvasa, you might end up on his Islamists list. Who else compiled lists of people of a certain group of people......hmmm.