1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where does Charlotte go from here?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 30, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Surely they have to be devastated. Yeah, they might get an OK or perhaps good player at 2 but no Anthony Davis.

More 'tanking' or sucking in their future? Chad Ford said on the BS Report that this could set them back awhile.

It means a lot to the Bobcats, because if they don't get Davis, the 2013 draft, it looks awful. Totally awful in 2013. If the NBA gets their way and gets an age limit moved up, now you're killing the 2014 draft. It could be devastating, kill the franchise type for Charlotte.

2. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

"I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan ;)

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

They need to just start making better trades and get better at drafting. They also need a good coach that can get the best out of the players

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I imagine they go to Seattle or Vegas.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Rick Adelman already has a job.

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

They tank again...

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Maybe actually draft good players and don't depend on a 25% chance to win the #1 pick. Being by far the worst team in the league didn't gain them any extra ping pong balls.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Jerry Sloan? SVG? Both of them are great coaches that can do the job.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

there was a 75 percent chance of MJ not getting the 1st pick.. he shouldn't be surprised.. however NO getting it... hmmmm

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Can we trade rosters with them? :)

11. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

Jordan just needs to step aside. He isnt Larry Legend.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha understood. I understand not feeling bad for them because they tanked and not's not the 'right way' to go about things and this is their 'punishment' for that, ha, but I can't help but feel a little bad for them.

13. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I just don't see either of them going to that type of situation. I'm sure if Sloan wanted to come back it would be at least to a playoff contender and didn't SVG say he was taking next season off?

14. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

What would be even worse is if Jordan screws the pick and selects someone ridiculous again.

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I read earlier Sloan was interested in the Bobcats job

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sloan is interested in the Bobcats. Really, desperate for any job. He wants back in.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They are in deep trouble. I'm not convinced Kemba Walker or Bismach Biyombo will ever be legit starters in the NBA (especially Walker). They don't have a new coach yet. (At least MJ turned down Patrick Ewing). Their fan support is terrible. They have a massive amount of cap room this summer and next, but no impact free-agents have them on the radar.

Last season was complete trash and nobody has any respect for the organization. The Bobcats can't afford to tank again. They blew their wad completely in that regard.

MJ should sell the Bobcats and the new owner should move and re-name them. They are dead as is, so they may as well hire 70 year-old Jerry Sloan.

The look on Rich Cho's face was priceless. I'll never forget it.

1 person likes this.
  18. ruhroh

ruhroh Member

How likely is it that the NBA moves the age limit up?

If the age limit isn't moved up they have a chance at getting Shabazz or Noels, right? Of course that's assuming they get the 1st or 2nd pick

19. Jamers

Jamers Member

bobcats will select Adam Morrison 2.0

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Well first and foremost...to condone the behavior that was seen in the Charlotte this year was ridiculous...no NBA team should have the worst record in the NBA reflect what happened this year...that is sick...MJ and his owners deserve that...they tanked blatantly...with hopes for that franchise player...what they didnt expect was that Stern's promise to the new ownership..you get the "first pick" guaranteed...but then again...you really shouldnt trust a rat...like stern...