1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

I think the Rockets can make a serious push for the playoffs this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bootsy, Feb 5, 2006.

1. bootsy

bootsy Member

This teams dynamic is completely different with Yao in the lineup. It makes Tracy Mcgrady a different player. We made a push towards the playoffs about the same time last year, and i think were going to do it again this year. Six games behind is alot of ground to cover, but with the Lakers playing like they are and the way we are playing right now, i think its very possible we could be in the playoff race very soon. Mark my words on this one, Rockets will be in the playoffs this year and make a huge impact. Get excited.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

it'll be too close for comfort especially now that kinga have sar and bonzi back. artest just makes them crazy in so many ways. with miller due back in their next game, it's hard not to see them make the playoffs.

3. Gatorfan76

Gatorfan76 Contributing Member

I just read on the ESPN 2 crawl that Artest is injured with a hip injury...

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

he hurt himself two nights ago and utah came back for a win, but he played today and kings blew out utah.

5. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Well the good thing is that we can at least tie or take the tiebreaker with all the teams ahead of us except New Orleans. That could be crucial at the end.

Lakers 1-0
    Sac 2-1
    Seattle 2-0
    Portland 2-0
    Utah 0-1
    Golden st 1-1

6. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Go Mud Dawgs!

7. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

Yeah I agree about the playoffs observation. WE have won 3 in a row and we play the 76ers tonight which should be a victory if we play the way we should. THen we have a huge game with the Lakers and that game is going to tell the story of if we make the playoffs or not. If we beat the Lakers we WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Go Rockets!!!

8. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

I am more concerned tonight's game. Lake's game will be not difficult at all.

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Can they make the playoffs? Sure

Will they make the playoffs? Hell, I sure hope so.

I will say this though:

*IF* they make the playoffs, this will mean they would have gone on one hell of a run...that means, they will make some noise. You all know how it goes, they just need to worry about their games, and concentrate on winning. Let the chips fall where they may.

10. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

I'm all for positive thinking...however I'm just glad we haven't traded away our number one draft pick in case we are in the lottery

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Of course we can make the playoffs. We've had several losing streaks of more than 6 games this year already. Yet we still are just 6 games out of the playoffs. With a team getting healthier and more used to playing with one another, I think we can't help but to make up ground.

12. cson

cson Contributing Member

it'll be close at best, we got a tough schedule. But I'd never count us out the first week of Feb

13. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I hear ya, but you gotta remember, there are teams in front of us. You are assuming they will either stay as they are or get worse...who is to say some of them will not change their trend as we hope the Rockets will. Not being a pessimist, just trying to realize what's going on here.

Nonetheless, I REEEEAAAALY hope they can pull it off. I've never given up on this team, and I'll be damned if I do now.