1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jim Harbaugh

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by joeson332, Nov 30, 2014.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

any thoughts on this story that Harbaugh is most likely going to be traded for a draft pick, I mean you talk about a guy who took a mediocre team to 3 straight NFC conferences (2011, 2012, 2013) 1 Super Bowl appearance and you want to trade him for a draft pick? Cap wise maybe I understand but I don't see how San Fran benefits from this move if they are really in the "win-now" mode. May be an egotistical coach but he wins. If this pulls through I hope this sets them back years, especially with that ridiculous Kaep contract they have. Trent Baalke should check out the Celtics see how that worked out for them.

2. newAge_Rockets

It's ridiculous that San Francisco might trade him or outright cut ties with him. It wasn't so long ago that they were the joke of the NFL under head coaches Nolan and Singletary. At the end of the day, the thing that matters in coaching is winning. Harbaugh's got that down, so why let the petty stuff end a successful relationship.

The Kap contract isn't bad. It doesn't have much guaranteed money, and they could cut him rather easily if better options arise. Sadly, mediocre quarterbacks are being PAID in today's NFL.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Harbaugh seems like a guy whose act wears thin after a few years. Solid coach though.

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I live in the TV region for the 49ers (and the freaking Raiders) and that is the word in the local sports media. Harbaugh just makes enemies. It is like he can't live without the antagonism. Word is he did the same thing at Stanford and left before it came to a head. The rest it the 9er org is just done with his crap.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Don't get the Celtics reference? Is it about Doc? The Celtics were planning to tank when the traded Doc away. They had no illusions about winning.

Harbaugh is apparently a psychopath that makes it very difficult for others in the organization, including players, to have anything less than a hostile work environment. You can't keep that up forever.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Some of the most successful NFL coaches are the biggest egomaniacs and control freaks ever... its part of what makes them so good at their job, but its also a reason why a lot of great coaches seem to end up with 3-4 different teams over 10 years.

Parcells was pretty similar... in fact he was far more imposing/intimidating.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

There is a new rumor about him getting traded? I imagine his value is much lower now than it was a year ago now that it's so public that he isn't well liked. I think Michigan finds a way to pay him that allows SF to save some money.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Oakland and the Jets are leading candidates. I can see him in Oakland but given his michigan roots I can see that happening too.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think he likes the spotlight too much to leave the NFL, even for a high profile Saturday gig at the alma mater.

He's a my-way kind of guy that seems to alienate management quickly.

Probably ruffles too many feathers with his lack of tact approach to fit into the corporate world.

an NFL job with management decisions seems like his end game. He wants to have full control and not have to answer to any suits besides the owner. Mark Davis is a pushover, so if he's dumb enough to offer him that, why wouldn't he jump at the chance?