1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin McHale on ESPN Radio this morning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Thanks for the link.

I'm listening. I'll see how long I can stand listening to Mr. McHale.

Update: I have confidence in our players. I have confidence in JB, CF and Buck. Sometimes, I have confidence in Kevin, but only when he shows confidence in himself.Rick Carlisle scares me. If you compare Rick and Kevin, you should be concerned, too.

#2 Codman, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

One coach is sitting at 2nd seed with banged up players all year and the other is sitting at 7th seed and has stayed there all year

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But has a battle-tested group of veterans who probably would have earned a higher seed if Cuban hadn't jacmed with the roster midstream.

I think the Rockets have the edge, but we can't go in there playing checkers to their chess.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The Mavs have been a 500 team since the trade if I am not mistaken.

The Rockets are getting as healthy as they can at the right time.

I think the series will be much easier than many predict.

Remember that we will be having a 30MPG Dwight Howard with another shot blocking force behind him.

Feeling good about the team's defense.

Last night the Rockets started imploring a different defensive strategy, one that I feel is better suited against the Mavs.

Not as much switching occurred last night.

6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

You're right. We'll have to play connect four and win in three turns.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

?

Say what you will about McHale as a coach, but he's always an entertaining speaker on TV/radio.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

"you used to be able to just go in an cuss out the room, now you have to ask them how they're doing"

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Other coaches are playing Stratego while McHale is playing Candyland.

10. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I'm all for respecting your opponent but can we have a hiatus on the Rick Carlisle nut hugging until after the playoffs are over. The guy is competent but he is nowhere near Pop or Thibs or any of the other coaches that could actually out-coach McHale.

And to McHale haters can you please take a break until next training camp. You've been proven wrong McHale is a good coach. Your inability to understand our offensive scheme is not evidence of his failure, it's evidence of your lack of understanding.

2 people like this.
  11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

So we can be pretty certain that Capela will be a part of the rotation against the Mavs?

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Other coaches are playing StarCraft while McHale is playing League of Legends.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have my own issues with McHale, but how can you argue with our record? Let's see how we do in the playoffs. THEN unload on him if the outcome warrants it. Honestly, I'm astonished at the negativity here. What's truly astonishing is our record with everything that has happened to this team. And guess what, McHale was and is the coach. And guess what, the coach does impact our record. I know that fact burns the butts of some folks around here.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

15. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

The 2nd seed coach has arguably the best player in the league. Harden is ridiculous this year and I don't know if McHale's coaching has to do anything with it. Kind of worried that McHale's coaching style will wear Harden out during the playoffs. I don't think you can have your best player bring up the ball 80% of the time without getting worn down.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It was a joke. I'm defending him in the other thread.

17. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

You play, "I spew dumb **** out my piehole." THX for you playing!!!!"

18. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Be careful to joke in here- joke against Dallas, though.

Mark Cuban so ugly, he try to join ugly contest and they say, "No Professionals, only amateurs."

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Too late to complain about. We found our backup center in Capela, who I think will be much better if he is serious about developing his craft, including gaining 15 more lbs of muscle.

Priority number 1 in the offseason is to nab a starting caliber pg to relieve some of the stress on Harden. I want Harden to play another 10 years at a high level for us, and not be a worn down player by age 30. Don't care how this can be accomplished, just get it done. Morey gets pay the big bucks to figure this out, do let's just do it.

20. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Babyicedog apologize- lost my head for a sec. No insult- rox fans- only insult stinky Dallas fans.