1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clippers no longer allows Clipper Darrell to be Clipper Darrell

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://clipperdarrell.com/2012/02/29/i-am-devastated/

Now they have a good team, I guess the Clippers are too good for their superfan.

2. HombreDeHierro

3. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Reminds me of a certain Rockets fan site...

4. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

So the Clippers never gave him a reason? That's pretty ****ty of them to "take away" their #1 fan's nickname. What if the Rockets told RocketGirl she couldn't use the word Rockets? She'd have to change it Kam'sGirl.

Also, why is his background Jeremy Lin in his Mavs summer league jersey?

5. Juck_The_Fazz

Juck_The_Fazz Member

cuck the fl:mad::mad:ippers

6. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1c6QG8EIOTA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a bad one. That dude is the ultimate fan.

7. TISNF

TISNF Member

Wonder if it has to do with him selling merchandise with the Clippers name, colors, and (oddly) Disney font.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Love it. Taketh away. Sucker. Hope they give his tickets to Ashton Kutcher or somn', really stick it to him.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wow.
    Bunch of D-bags. Its not like it hurts their image. Always nice for each stadium to have their own fan identity. We have the Rowdies, Clippers had Clipper Darryl.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL Kam's Girl

11. Carl Herrera

An article about the situation:

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlla/la-clippers-want-clipper-darrell-to-change-his-name_b54797

I understand them trying to protect their "brand," but it seems like a D-Bag move and pointless. It's not like anyone really thinks Clipper Darrell is a Clippers official or anything other than a passionate superfan. Why ask him to drop that name? As for him selling any merchandise, I doubt there's that much money in it. Hell, they can probably make some sort of business deal with him. Clipper Darrell is kind of part of the history of the team.

12. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

So they just took his name?? What does that accomplish!?

13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Mark Cuban offered him money to be a Mavs fan, but he refused. I wonder if that offer is still on the table?

14. Carl Herrera

Actually, I think he did go work for Cuban for a season or so (as a in-arena cheerleader, basically what he does for the Clippers).

By the way, the article I posted above noted that Darrell went to last night's Clips v. Wolves game dressed in black rather than the customary red and blue. Boom! Blowout loss! The basketball gods were displeased.

Keep this up and I see season-ending surgery in Chris Paul's future.

#14 Carl Herrera, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Clippers. Even when they are good they still suck. Pathetic and classless move by an organization run the same way, starting from ownership.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Typical... teams beg for support when times are hard, then kick you to the curb when they have a little success... classless move...

17. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/35036419

18. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

This is why the Clippers will never surpass the Lakers in LA and will always be a low-class organization.

It wasn't long ago that the Clippers sucked so much that I would go to the Rockets-Clippers games instead of Rockets-Lakers because you could get front row seats for $125. And the only person cheering for the Clippers was Clipper Darrell. Now that they have some success, they suddenly don't want the guy associated with the organization. But back in the ****ty days (meaning every year before last year), they couldn't wait to have the guy on their jumbo-tron.

Piece of **** organization.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Why would they even think about doing that?

20. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

He should change his name to Flipper Darrell and flip the finger to the Clippers. There's plenty of room on the Rocket's bandwagon. To love the Clippers for so long must have been hard and difficult, and for that, I give him props.

If he was selling merchandise based on the name, unofficially... he deserves to be stripped of the title.