1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Totally agree. Look up the definition of comedy: To go against social conventions & taboos in comical ways.

He impersonated Prigs in an Italian accent and said "I'm Prigs and I ah talk ah like ah thees. I'm not Italian but I still talk like thees" He's knocking his terrible impersonation skills. It's self-deprecating. Good Lord people lighten up.

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Agree with bmd again!

The NFL is TOTALLY doing this on purpose. And I hope it bites them in the behind. If you don't think they're doing it on purpose, then you haven't been paying attention the last couple of years.

And to this point, I have to agree with what Mark Cuban said about the NFL last year in response to Thursday Night Football.

Cubez: “I think the NFL is 10 years away from an implosion,” Cuban said, via Tim McMahon of ESPNDallas.com. “I’m just telling you, pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. And they’re getting hoggy. Just watch. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way.

“I’m just telling you, when you’ve got a good thing and you get greedy, it always, always, always, always, always turns on you. That’s rule number one of business.”
    Cuban was speaking specifically of the NFL’s expanded television package, which will put NFL games on CBS this fall on Thursdays, with the games being simulcast on the NFL Network.

“They’re trying to take over every night of TV,” Cuban said. “Initially, it’ll be, ‘Yeah, they’re the biggest-rating thing that there is.’ OK, Thursday, that’s great, regardless of whether it impacts [the NBA] during that period when we cross over. Then if it gets Saturday, now you’re impacting colleges. Now it’s on four days a week. …

“It’s all football. At some point, the people get sick of it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/23/mark-cuban-warns-nfl-hogs-risk-eventual-implosion/

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Yall do know that the Italian Prigioni voice is a joke, right?

I mean... Racist? You gotta be eff'n kidding me. If that was racist then "Playoff Rondo" isn't fairytale folklore.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The only talk radio I ever hear is Charlie Pallilo and he talks about the Rockets plenty.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who said racist? It's not racist, it's just ignorant. Like using a country accent while describing people from Louisiana.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Why did he talk Prigioni associated with Italian? Prigioni is just a Rockets player. A few weeks ago he was talking a Russian woman on the radio for at least 10-15 minutes. Someone also mentioned here he had a huge problem with Yao fans because of his comments on Yao Ming. Now you can see some points here?

7. roidrage

roidrage Member

I totally support this thread we have the worst basketball coverage on basketball!!!

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Not complaining about Rocket coverage today but man I went to lunch and on my way listened to both 610 and 790 play clips of Rick Smith press conference about the draft. Talk about boring ass radio, omg, hurry up and get back to Rockets talk.

9. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

No rockets media automatically makes me the biggest rockets fan among my circle of friends.
    I have to constantly read the fourms to feed all rockets craving.

Its pretty sad. Even my rockets fan friends have no clue whos on the team or even watch the games. Its problably more a problem with the people here than a media problem as no one cares for basketball so the media doesnt feel a need to cover it....

Whats unacceptable is spurs band wagon fans that were born and grew up here

Ive bleed rockets red since early 90s. Go Rockets!

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Enjoy the rocket talk today, tomorrow is gonna be draft hot and heavy.

11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ladies and Gentleman. No matter where the Rockets go during these playoffs. No longer expect to hear Rockets talk. NFL Season starts tomorrow.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

All I heard was draft stuff this morning. The rockets had an exciting win and every one is more concerned about a 2nd round pick?

At least the playoff games I have been to have been packed and the fans have been engaged.

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

damn shame i have to listen to dallas sports news to hear about the rockets. :(

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Yeah, I didn't even bother turning on the radio today, it's gonna be draft extravaganza. Don't bother even tuning in until Monday when we play game 1 of the 2nd round.

I would love it if 2 or 3 intelligent clutchfans members could get together and form a podcast and have an episode after each rocket game. Clutch's podcast are great but only come out once a month until recently when it's been about every other rocket game. Matt and Adam have their weekly pod cast but again it's weekly. I need some daily rocket talk to fill the void during the my drive to and from work.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'll cut them a little bit of slack since the NFL draft is today, the Astros are on a roll, and we don't yet know who the Rockets are playing in the 2nd round. But by Monday, they'll have no more excuses.

16. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

What exactly, about the Rockets, are they supposed to talk abt that hasn't already been talked abt? Free throws? Defense? Yes, they had a nice series win, which shouldn't surprise anyone. But honestly, do you wanna hear the same stuff over and over again? I supposed they can talk abt the match ups between the Clips and or Spurs.

Realistically, There's not much going on right now. Astros are kicking butt, and the NFL draft is tonight. I think there's more excitement today and tomorrow abt that than the Rockets and them resting, and practicing their free throws.

17. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

The fan in me wants them to cover Rockets regardless :grin: but for now I can understand the coverage of the draft over Rockets the rest of the week, that's why I said I'm not bothering to even turn on the radio until monday. Can't wait for Matt and Adam's rocketcast episode, should be coming out today. That will give me another 45 minutes of Rockets talk to digest.

18. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Or those Rockets band wagoners that only show up for playoff runs

19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Is there an Austin station that will carry the national broadcast of the game? I may have to listen to some games in the car and don't want to hear the Spurs pxp.

20. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member