1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Mavericks @ Rockets 4/18/2015 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why do we need to calm down? Does it bother you that fans are excited?

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

that would make sense, except harden has picked up his dribble, he should have already been making his way to brewer at that point

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets scored 15 points on 10 James Harden drives in Game 1. Harden led NBA with 636 Pts on drives in regular season.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/589971503489290240">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mavericks made just 12.5 percent of shots at the rim with Dwight Howard defending in Game 1.</p>&mdash; Calvin Watkins (@calvinwatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/status/589972000333922309">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Dirk shoots great
    Rondo shoots very well
    Dwight only plays 17 minutes
    Harden shoots poorly from the field

Rockets still win :eek:

This squad might do something THIS year*

*Beard's playoff FG% is still suspect. Hope he snaps out of it.

5. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Jones looked like a different player his 2nd yr in the playoffs. Josh tried to do too much. Prigioni shouldn't have played nearly as much. Both jones and terry was on a roll and mchale pulled both.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

These tweets had me rolling so hard. IDK why. Maybe cause everything is going right in the world when Houston beats dallas.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Corey Brewer said his big 4th quarter against Mavs felt good, &quot;especially because they traded me away for a bag of chips.&quot;</p>&mdash; Brad Townsend (@townbrad) <a href="https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/589649692738195456">April 19, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Here come Mavs fans who believe Dallas would be undefeated in the Cuban era if not for the refs.</p>&mdash; Jeff Caplan (@Jeff_Caplan) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jeff_Caplan/status/589644252570746880">April 19, 2015</a></blockquote>

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If I had not seen the game, I would have thought we already sweep Mavs!!!

Come on, we just won the first game. You know what had happened 10yrs ago, right?

Just please our players stay hungry!!! We still need to win another 3 games.

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

2 games according to TMac...

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

You don't think terry, ariza, brewer, Dwight, harden don't know that?

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

dallas were clearly given the objective to foul basically everyone on the team at the rim but harden (half the time they were so far away they couldn't even do that), but his free throws were basically because of their bad defenders, amare and villeneuva with handchecks?

If they keep playing such undisciplined defense, he's going to shoot a whole lot more, but no one outside this round will be so bad.

12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

But I'm not playing. I agree the players need to stay hungry, and by all accounts, they are. I'm a fan. My job is to support the team, and be there to cheer them on. I'm excited because we're leading in a playoff series for the first time since 2009. I'm excited because we legitimately have one of the deepest teams in the NBA. I'm excited because we have another game tomorrow night where we can show Dallas, and the world, just how good we are. And most of all, I'm excited because THESE ARE THE PLAYOFFS. I don't care about what happened 10 years ago. That was then. This is now!