1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 1/21/2013

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day, everyone. All kinds of games on the tube today...

<table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=5><tr style='color:#ffffff;background-color:#000099;font-size: 14px;font-family: Arial;text-shadow: 0 2px 0 rgba(0,0,0,1);'><td colspan=2 align=center><b>Visitor</b></td><td colspan=2 align=center style='border-left:1px solid #9999FF;'><b>Home</b></td><td align=center><b><nobr>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Time&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</nobr></b></td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Kings (16-25) Leaders:</b><BR>D. Cousins 17.8 ppg<br>D. Cousins 10.4 rpg</td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Hornets (13-27) Leaders:</b><BR>E. Gordon 17.6 ppg<br>A. Davis 8.0 rpg</td><td valign=middle align=center>1:00 pm</td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#eeeeee;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Pacers (25-16) Leaders:</b><BR>P. George 17.3 ppg<br>R. Hibbert 8.2 rpg</td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Grizzlies (26-13) Leaders:</b><BR>R. Gay 17.6 ppg<br>Z. Randolph 11.8 rpg</td><td valign=middle align=center>1:00 pm<BR><b>(ESPN)</b></td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Timberwolves (17-20) Leaders:</b><BR>K. Love 18.3 ppg<br>K. Love 14.0 rpg</td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Hawks (22-18) Leaders:</b><BR>J. Smith 16.5 ppg<br>A. Horford 9.8 rpg</td><td valign=middle align=center>2:00 pm</td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#eeeeee;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Rockets (21-21) Leaders:</b><BR>J. Harden 25.8 ppg<br>O. Asik 11.0 rpg</td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Bobcats (10-30) Leaders:</b><BR>K. Walker 17.4 ppg<br>B. Mullens 7.8 rpg</td><td valign=middle align=center>2:00 pm</td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Nets (24-16) Leaders:</b><BR>B. Lopez 18.6 ppg<br>R. Evans 8.9 rpg</td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Knicks (25-13) Leaders:</b><BR>C. Anthony 29.2 ppg<br>T. Chandler 11.0 rpg</td><td valign=middle align=center>3:30 pm<BR><b>(NBATV)</b></td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#eeeeee;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Clippers (32-9) Leaders:</b><BR>B. Griffin 17.8 ppg<br>B. Griffin 8.4 rpg</td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Warriors (24-15) Leaders:</b><BR>S. Curry 20.5 ppg<br>D. Lee 10.8 rpg</td><td valign=middle align=center>4:00 pm</td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Spurs (32-11) Leaders:</b><BR>T. Parker 19.7 ppg<br>T. Duncan 9.6 rpg</td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Sixers (17-23) Leaders:</b><BR>J. Holiday 19.4 ppg<br>T. Young 7.3 rpg</td><td valign=middle align=center>7:00 pm<BR><b>(TNT)</b></td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#eeeeee;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Lakers (17-23) Leaders:</b><BR>K. Bryant 29.6 ppg<br>D. Howard 12.4 rpg</td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Bulls (23-16) Leaders:</b><BR>L. Deng 17.4 ppg<br>J. Noah 10.6 rpg</td><td valign=middle align=center>9:30 pm<BR><b>(TNT)</b></td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Wizards (8-30) Leaders:</b><BR>J. Wall 15.6 ppg<br>E. Okafor 7.6 rpg</td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle><b>Trail Blazers (20-20) Leaders:</b><BR>L. Aldridge 20.6 ppg<br>J. Hickson 11.0 rpg</td><td valign=middle align=center>10:00 pm</td></tr></table>

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not a fan of day games on MLK Day. I never have it off and it just doesn't feel right.

Pacers/Grizz, Nets/Knicks, Lakers/Bulls should all be good games.

3. VBG

VBG Member

Nets have quietly recovered after firing Avery.

Clippers/Warriors should be very entertaining. The two teams don't seem to like each other (mainly Blake and David Lee)

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Love MLK games.

It feels nice walking into Toyota center in the daylight and then leaving in daylight

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

PG24 locking down Rudy Gay.

Grizz are going to get terrible value if/when they trade him.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pacers win.

Conley fouled with 1.4 seconds left, Hill missed the first FT, made the second.

Gay takes the last shot, didn't get it off(and made it).

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

PG might be the best perimeter defender in the league already. Ok, I'm a fan so I'm probably overreacting. But at the very least, he's definitely taken the next step to that elite group of Tony Allens, Iguodalas, Bradleys and such.

He's already far better on both ends than I thought he'd ever be. And he's still so young. This is so much fun. As a pacers fan, i haven't been this excited since early in that Pistons brawl season when Ron Artest was playing at an MVP level and it seemed like no one was going to stop the Pacers that year.

This team is so awesome right now. I realize that it's probably not getting past the Heat this season, but for the first time in many years I can see a legit chance to win a championship in the near future.

This is the best Pacers defensive team since early 90s, or maybe even ever.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Shumpert's Barber should be fired. Its not the Kidd n Play style necessarily,but that fade is awful and the flattop is not even uniform!

9. SK34

SK34 Member

I think they can beat the Heat if Granger fits right into the system again w/o chemistry issues and Hibbert begins to dominate the game with his size. The bench is way better than last year, especially after Stephenson will come of the bench.. If not, Granger can come off the bench and that would make the team even more dominating imo. As nobody in Heats bench will be able to check Granger if he plays their bench.

10. SK34

SK34 Member

BTW, whats with the GAY hate? He is not a bad player.. He plays within his teammates, although at times tries to do too much but he is not a bad player. Maybe, not deserving of that huge contract but still not a bad player to be hated. If he goes to a different team as the number 2 option, he will be able to live up to that contract. There is just too much talent on the Grizzlies which is forcing him to play the way he is.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

A large portion has to do with the Battier trade. But a considerable amount is from the poster what's outlandish claims.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Joe Johnson just hit a tough mid-range jumper to put the Nets up 1 over the Knicks. 22.3 seconds left, Knick ball. It's on NBATV.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nets hang on. J.R. Smith nearly banked one in at the last second(that would have tied it).

14. SK34

SK34 Member

Wait..People are mad that they made the battier trade? .. and yea what has been pretty idiotic. I think he is a troll. KD, Lebron, cp3 are on a standing of their own

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

BimaThug came over to my place to watch the Rockets game today, being a holiday, and we were watching that... thought it was going in.

Clippers-Warriors looks like a great game right now (84-84 in the 4th) ... hopefully NBATV will pick it up.

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Free NBA league pass for the win.

17. SK34

SK34 Member

Warriors are impressive. They are beating all of the contending teams this year.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You biches said he's mediocre and no real scoring option or versatile player when I had him in our fantasy draft, WUT NOW?! :mad::grin:

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

haha. well, he wasn't anywhere close to this good a year ago. And the rule was "judge based on last year". btw, CP3- Wes Matthews - Deng - Blake Griffin - Tyson Chandler -- I think you'd get killed now. :p

To be serious though, Paul George is getting awesome. He added a real handle, he added some moves - some fadeaways, something of a behind the back dribble, and his D went to another level. He was a pretty nice man to man defender last year but now he's even better and he's much smarter on rotations.

I wouldn't want the Pacers to trade him for basically anyone at this point. LeBron, Durant, that's it. Not that I think he's at that level, but when I look at contracts, who may resign in Indiana, age, health, upside...

I think give George another year and make him the go-to option on a fast pace team like the Rockets, for all I know he might be 25-10-5 with lockdown D.

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Maybe I should call and complain to my provider about something... hinting that free League Pass would alleviate my concerns :) J/K ... I haven't been as interested the past few years to watch full non-Rocket games around the league, but for some reason I want to do more than just check box scores lately. A lot of interesting teams out there, I guess.