1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris............

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreHNIC, Jul 1, 2012.

1. DreHNIC

DreHNIC Member

What y'all think the future of this guy is.............in particular with the Rockets? Pretty good player at Kansas, along with his brother Markieff....Claims to have been slightly affected by not playing with his brother anymore....But overall great player with potential, y'all think we going to keep him for a while or no?

2. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

regardless of how we handled him

Terrence Jones has made him expendable

3. vernonmaxwell86

wasted pick

tweener of all tweeners

cross fingers to include him in any deal to a team that believes he has 'potential'

4. rocketsfaninala

I'm not a fan of Morris and wasn't when we drafted him. My opinion is with all of our rookies coming in that he will continue to get buried on the beach. Wouldn't be surprised if he is dealt eventually.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We'll see...got three tweeners over here and we can just keep the best one.

6. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I really didn't see enough of him this season, so I can't tell you. From what I have seen I like him. He could be good role player for us after his first real off-season with the Rockets and they mold him into the player they want him to be.

7. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

We have like 4 tweeners and about 7 guys who can play PF I'm sure he will be traded or in the doghouse

8. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Morris?........he's dead to me.

9. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

He sucks. Flat out. From watching his minutes last year -- he has to have the ball in his hands to score, contributes nothing elsewhere, is too slow/too small for either forward position, has attitude problem.

Eff him.

10. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

The last time I watched him, he shot an amazing corner three...right into the side of the backboard.

11. bcast89

bcast89 Member

Well, if I'm Morris, I don't like how the draft played out. He's got a lot more competition for minutes this coming season. Maybe it'll light a fire under his butt and he'll breakout and show he was worth where we drafted him.

12. thino

thino Contributing Member

we just never gave him any PT, really didn't get a chance to show what he was capable of. TBH

13. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Can't give out playing time just because you got drafted in the 1st round.

Rookies gotta work hard to get playing time in this organization.

Landry, brooks, scola, parsons and patterson didn't get playing time out of no where

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wonder as well, those guys in the Draft can all play PF nowadays

15. thino

thino Contributing Member

look who he had in front of him, scola and patterson. before the season started everyone was raving about him playing the 3. i understand playing time is earned but damn. he had hill, scola, and patterson in front of him. where was the pt? in the d league?

16. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

17. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

I blame Morey for drafting too many players of the same position

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Can you say bust?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

He dissapointed everyone including himself last season. But he's a hard worker and he will come to training camp a better player, and he will start the season even better than that.

Despite that, I don't see this being a great situation for him to reach his potential. But if he works hard, doesn't complain to the media, and focuses on adding new weapons to his game, then I think he can find his way out of McHale's doghouse.

20. chief

chief Member

yea i never really saw nothing in him,nba is just a whole another game and he will be a casualty of war..(speed quickness skills)...trade him