1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine: Yao on the Kings team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by pchan, Dec 23, 2003.

1. pchan

pchan Member

You may say I'm a dreamer...
    But I'm not the only one...
    --John Lennon

After watching Brad Miller shooting, rebounding.. dishing out passes... getting triple doubles and whatnot... I can't help but wonder what would happen if Yao is on the Kings team instead of brad?
    Wouldn't he be perfect?
    Yao can also be a good passer... and can shoot just as well as divac or miller.
    Yao is a foreigner..
    yao is not very strong...
    not known for his defense...
    doesn't like to post up all the times and bang...
    He has some nify moves around the baskets, but not power moves...

And just imagine Kings and Lakers at the western conference final... it will be the one of the best rivalries of recent memory.

Wouldn't it be beautiful?
    :)

2. Houstone

Houstone Member

I agree, the Rockets should trade Yao to the Kings for Jabari Smith and a 2nd rounder, I know that would make Yao only fans happy right?

3. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

That would be an amazing team. Vlade is getting old so maybe Yao can take Vlades spot.

Brad Miller and Gerald Wallace for Yao and cap filler

Yao
    Cweb
    Stoj
    Christie
    Bibby

Rox

Cato
    Brad miller
    Gerald Wallace
    Cat
    Steve

Pretty fair all around...

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

no it is not a fair trade. miller nd wallace for Yao?? only kings fans would want to see that trade, and maybe yao only fans.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

so . . . . is it because of the kings players
    or the kings coach?

Rocket River

6. New Jack

New Jack Member

Yao would fail miserably in the Kings system. Their offense is much too fast paced for Yao. His head would be spinning like the excorcist. The Kings require fast thinkers that can make fast decisions. Yao's reflexes are some of the slowest I've ever seen. I could imagine a TON of the pretty passes the Kings make bouncing right off Yao's head because he's not paying attention.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

8. shawn786

shawn786 Member

HAHA yes agreed unless they change thier system Yao will not be able to fit in. Miller can becuase he is a quick big guy. Yao is much to slow 4 the kings

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

10. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Miller is a quick big guy :eek: It must be a joke, even though not that funny at all.

11. pchan

pchan Member

hey.. this is the nba dish forum.. so let's stop the stuff about yao-only or steve-hater fan thing... (although I may be suspected as both, hehe)

Anyway.. I don't think yao will be too slow... brad is no quick big man... and divac is definitely not quick. Divac is like a 38 years old with no lung... he is slooooooooww...
    if Divac can do it.. yao can do.

As for Yao's reflex... I thinkis partyly due to his long body.. so it takes longer naturally for a message to move from the brain to his muscle... that's the whole thing about speed and complexity... Between a quick thinker and good thinker. THis is completely off topic.. but sometimes if your kids appear to be slow, they may just have a complex brain.. so it takes longer for them to think.. but don't think they are dumb.. in a way, they may be much smarter., cuz their system is more complex.

The truth is I think many of the King bread and butter play are practiced many many times b4.. so it is not like Yao has to always react really quick. He just have to get used to the play they are running.

I still think Yao will be awesome in a Kings uniform.

12. Alibabayomama

Alibabayomama Member

"As for Yao's reflex... I thinkis partyly due to his long body.. so it takes longer naturally for a message to move from the brain to his muscle.."

Well, if there is a difference, it would be mere miliseconds, it takes an instant for the message to go from your brain to your muscles.

13. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

in case you havent noticed, yao IS a fast thinker that can make fast decisions. the rest of the rockets just screw it up. not paying attention? i think you should give him more credit than that. i would hope that the least thing he would be doing on the court is paying attention to whats going on.

14. New Jack

New Jack Member

He's a smart thinker, but he's not a fast thinker. If the defense gives Yao a lot of time to decide what to do, he'll make the right decision with the ball every time. If he doesn't have a lot of time, he'll turn the ball over every time.

This is why teams rush double teams at Yao as soon as he gets the ball. Not because they think he'll dominate the person guarding him. Bad centers have already proven they can stop Yao one on one. It's because he struggles to make fast decisions. A quick double team and Yao will look completely lost.

In many ways he's a lot like Francis.

15. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Anyone who can be that witty in his responses during interviews is not a slow thinker. Duh. The reason why Yao had subpar performances against some of those "bad centers" is simpily because he has "bad coaching". He was told all he could do is to bang and bang inside, just like Shaq, and he ended up making a off balance fadeaways jump shots. Dont tell me you HONESTLY believe teams double-team Yao SIMPILY because they all KNOW Yao is a SLOW thinker. Give me a break.

16. Eva123

Eva123 Member

sure and it would sure as hell make u Yao bashers happy as well

17. Panda

Panda Member

Rick Adelman would be willing to be Hitler's double and take ten assasination attempts, talk about a dream come true... instant championships.

18. gunawanspurs

gunawanspurs Member

Yao as a Kings would surely put the favourite tag on the cowtown team IMHO.

As slow as Yao actually is, he IS NOT slower compared to either Brad Miller or Vlade Divac for sure.

19. montelwilliams

Brad Miller is playing better than Yao this year, just my opinion of course. It should be Shaq/Miller in All Star game.

20. New Jack

New Jack Member

Yesterdays Denver game is exactly what I'm talking about. 5 turnovers for Yao all because the guy just struggles so much when teams run double teams at him and makes him make a fast decision. The double teams are never going to end until he learns how to handle them.

I'm not saying Yao is a bad center because bad centers have stopped him one on one in the past. Just that no team NEEDS to double team Yao. Not like they NEED to double Shaq or Duncan. Yao has not proven he can dominate another center with single coverage like those 2.