1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN panel votes Duncan Best PF OF ALL TIME?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dachuda86, Jan 16, 2016.

1. SunsRocketsfan

disagree... KG has been overrated his whole entire career. Had to join Paul Pierce and Ray Allen to win a ring.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I can't agree with you on this. KG carried a horribly ran franchise for years, and finally was gifted the opportunity to get his.

Anyway, bumping this thread to see where you guys put Chris Bosh on all-time PF list?

Top 5 seems more or less like:

Duncan
    Malone
    Barkley
    KG
    Dirk

Then you have arguably 10:
    Hayes
    Petitt
    McHale
    Schayes
    Rodman
    Webber

Does Bosh belong in the Top 10 debate? Will he move into top 5 mark when it's all said and done? 2 Rings, 11x all-star, flexible to go from the guy in Toronto to 3rd fiddle in Miami for the better of the team.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Pau brought a crappy team to the playoffs again and again, he was the real driving force on that team along with Odom. Kobe got all the hype but remember he won a ring while shooting 40%, he may be the leader but obv it wasn't him that was carrying the squad.

KG is definitely underrated but I think Pau Gasol is even more underrated, my personal rankings of TD's generation are TD, Dirk/KG, Pau and then everyone else. Webber has an alpha personality but in terms of actual ability Pao was way better.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Fixed:
    Pau brought a crappy team to the playoffs again and again, his numbers don't look good because his team sucked and he ran smack into Spurs with prime TD, Parker and Manu. Webber had a ton of talent facing that Laker team, and RA at the time was also at the top of his game.

He was also the real driving force on that Lakers team along with Odom. Kobe got all the hype but remember he won a ring while shooting 40%, he may be the leader but obv it wasn't him that was carrying the squad.

KG is definitely underrated but I think Pau Gasol is even more underrated, my personal rankings of TD's generation are TD, Dirk/KG, Pau and then everyone else. Webber has an alpha personality but in terms of actual ability Pao was way better.[

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Kevin Garnett is an all-time great, maybe top 5. But being able to carry your team to victories on the offensive end is far and away the most important thing a star can do. Garnett was a beta scorer who made jump shots and put backs.

My top 5
    1.Duncan
    2.Barkley
    3.Nowitzki
    4.Malone
    5.Garnett

Webber in his Sacramento prime was a beast, and better than KG IMO, but Garnett was elite for much longer.

6. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

If the Heat had won against Dallas, that would have been the beginning of their peak.

The Mavs just had a crazy playoff series.

7. BinBinRingRing

To me:

Duncan,
    Malone,
    Barkley,
    KG,
    Dirk

8. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

It's embarrassing to see a younger generation so clueless about basketball. Kevin McHale is no lower than #2 in fact, and only to Duncan if #2. Karl Malone? Dirk? You people are *clowns.*

9. theangrycanary

it's crazy to me that he spurs are so much worse without duncan, even at his advanced age. CRAZY

aldridge just doensn't have 'it' so far.

I'm beginning to think the spurs dynasty began with duncan and ends with duncan. no way aldridge makes them a contender next year without duncan, ginobli n west.

10. BinBinRingRing

I could put McHale in front of Dirk actually. But their rebounding numbers are too low to put them above the other PFs on the list.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'll gladly take Spurs dynasty ending with Duncan.

Doubt he retires though

McHale loses points being Robin too.

Great player, but not better than any mentioned except maybe Dirk.

Funny.... I couldn't see DAL winning in '11 with McHale (no Dirk), but could see his winning other seasons, especially '06.

12. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

No way Malone is that high. KG is too low. And Webber is ROBBED!!!!!

I go with Duncan and KG as my top 2 picks and 3-8 in no order will be Barkley, Webber, Dirk, Mchale, Malone and Hayes.