1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

oscar torres

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ghettostar85, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

I just wonder what the rockets will do with him.........will they keep him? trade him? or waive him and sign an other sg as a backup to mobley?

2. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

I'd like to see a picture of Clutch .....
    nice job dude

3. Stylez

Stylez Member

Who knows? He has been pretty inconsitent since the second half of last year into the Summer League this yr. I have to think, unless the Rockets have a SG hidden somewhere, they'll keep him b/c they need someone to backup Mobley for 5-10 min a game.

4. Bob

Bob Member

I would have to think Rudy would want to keep Oscar and Tito because they play better defense than Moochie and Brown. But Rudy tends to like guys that provide instant offense off the bench. I sure hope he doesn't decide to go with 4 point guards and 1 SG.

5. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I'm a firm believer of having bench players that can create mis-matches. In what I see out of Oscar, I see a 2/3 swingman who shows flashes of a good shooting touch, slashing abilities, and defensive capabilities. However, his inconsistency last year would make it hard for me to march him out with the regular rotation (if I was the coach). However, I believe he belongs on the 12 man roster in case of a key injury.

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Based on the summer league performances, he looks to be a more viable option to back up Cuttino than Tito.

7. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Of course, he's a foreigner, so according to Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley, et al, he won't be able to understand Rudy's instructions.

:rolleyes:

8. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

He comes cheep and he while he was inconsistent last season, we have to remember that there was a rookie wall for him the same as there was for every other rookie. He wasn't used to playing that many games in such a short period of time.

9. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

AT FIRST i WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH HIM but as time went on I became less impressed with him!
    The question:- is he good enough to contribute to a Championship team ?(2005)

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

When Cat and Steve were both healthy, I was very impressed with the way he sat at the end of the bench.

11. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I think he will be a very good back SG. He was a rookie last year, not a seasoned veteran cut him some slack. I think that Oscar and Morris will be good bench players in the future, We have good back ups at every spot, Moochie PG, Oscar SG, Morris SF, Taylor PF, Cato C.

12. rantonorsi

rantonorsi New Member

I think that OSCAR is just develop his game, He is a personal project of Rudy T who saw a player who is still learning .I think he did very god in the first half of the season, in the second half the exaggerated participation in the offense by Cuttino affect the team , in special way to Oscar who was many times in a position to make open shots and was constantly ignored . I think he is going to make the 12 , with a 5-10 mins. per game to make a very intense defensive effort, and take some shots and drives .

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I still get the feeling that the Rockets will look for another SG to backup Mobley,but if they can't get one they might resign Torres.

14. Sane

Sane Member

If Tito becomes decent in his PG skills, then I see a very good defensive bench next year.

Cato
    draft pick or FA
    T-Mo
    Torres
    Tito

Those guys can come in and really play some good D. Assuming the PF is Mo Taylor, they wouldn't eb too bad at offense either. It's a good mix of defense and offense, our team,

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i think our bench will look more like:

ming
    griff
    nachbar
    os
    moochie

just think of a bench that averages 3 blocks per game.:eek:

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Rocks have him signed for next year and it is their option to exercise.

OT is the player that we always wanted Shannon Anderson to be. I say the Rocks should exercise his option and make a commitment to him to play 5-10 min/game. Cutting down Cat and Steve's minutes at the 2 should leave them fresher for the playoffs, as well as less likely to get injured during the season. Giving OT consistent minutes game to game will be good for his confidence as well as his development as an everyday rotation player in the NBA. It is a Win-Win scenario.

17. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

OT will come around, He showed talent during the first half of the season. I think he deserve a second chance.