1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D'Angelo Russell Secretly Tapes Swaggy P Talking About Hooking Up With Other Girls

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Mar 29, 2016.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...lakers-rift-video-took-nick-young-made-public

The Los Angeles Lakers, sputtering to the end of Kobe Bryant's farewell season with the worst record in franchise history, face a fresh crisis involving prized rookie point guard D'Angelo Russell, according to team sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that some teammates' trust in Russell is eroding after a video surfaced in the past week that shows Russell recording a private conversation between himself and teammate Nick Young. Young does not appear to realize he is being taped.

The video, which is believed to have come to light last week via the Twitter account of a celebrity gossip site, shows Russell filming Young while asking questions about Young being with other women. Young got engaged to Australian rapper Iggy Azalea last summer.

While it's unclear how the video became public, sources say that the resulting tension in the Lakers' locker room in recent days is among that factors that contributed to L.A.'s limp showing Monday night in Salt Lake City, when they absorbed a 48-point pounding from the Utah Jazz, which matched the worst Lakers loss in franchise history.

Various Lakers officials are aware of the issue and are dismayed with Russell, sources say, but to this point have chosen not to intervene in how Russell's actions have been received and handled by his teammates.

"Right now," one source said, "they're handling it by isolating him."

Austin Brown, Russell's agent from Creative Artists Agency, declined comment when reached Tuesday.

Said one team insider: "This was a prank gone wrong and a mistake by [Russell] and he has to be held accountable, but I would hope he isn't overly criticized for it."

The emergence of the video, sources, said, has been the talk of the locker room for the past several days and has led to a tangible strain between Russell and some teammates.

At a recent breakfast meeting, one source said, no Laker would sit with Russell at his table. The source added that, in another instance, Russell came into the locker room and sat next to guard Lou Williams, who got up and walked away.

"It's bad," one team source told ESPN.com's Ramona Shelburne. "It's about as bad as it can get. There were trust issues already. Now there's no trust."

In the video, Russell asks Young at one point, "You was 30 and she was 19?" referencing Young's age and the age of another woman that Young said that he met in a nightclub.

"What about Amber Rose?" Russell later says, mentioning another celebrity who has been linked to many athletes.

"No, she knows my girl," Young is recording as saying.

Later in the conversation, while apparently still recording, Russell is heard telling Young, "I'm glad you told my video all that."

"Huh?" Young says, turning his face toward Russell before the video cuts off.

The Lakers have long considered Russell to be a key part of their future after using such a high pick to select him a year ago and raved about his "superstar" potential on the night they drafted him. Even Lakers coach Byron Scott, whose handling of Russell has been under the microscope throughout this 2015-16 season, came into the season speaking of him in the same breath as Lakers legend Magic Johnson when describing Russell's court vision.

Russell started the Lakers' first 20 games before being moved to the bench along with second-year forward Julius Randle. And Scott, on countless occasions this season, has publicly questioned Russell's maturity.

"He's such a kid," Scott said in February. "I told him the other day, 'You're 19 but sometimes I think you're 14.'"

Russell is averaging 13.1 points, 3.4 assists and 3.4 rebounds over 27.5 minutes in 72 games this season.

Young hasn't played in 10 games and didn't travel with the team to Salt Lake City because of gastroenteritis, according to the team.

Who would've thought Swaggy P would be the lesser of the two dumbasses in any situation? What an ultimate violation of bro code, locker room code, man code, etc.

2. TheresTheDagger

D'Angelo Russell shunned by Lakers after secretly recording Young

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...lakers-rift-video-took-nick-young-made-public

3. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

It's especially damning as he's supposed to be one of their leaders down the line. No teammate is ever going to trust this cat again.

4. Mr. Motiejunas

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Just as Kobe never passes, Russell is never going to receive a pass again.

Russell wide-open for the game winning shot? Nah, pass it to a teammate already being doubled before the pass :grin:

6. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. BackdoorHarden

Russell is just learning from another former Lakers, Derek Fishers

8. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Russell and Clarkson are the only guys who will be on the team in 2 years. He's a teenager - it's not a big deal at all.

If half the team is offended, I waive them tomorrow with enough time to get reservations at Macchio ' s for lunch.

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That's pretty low when the guy that is cheating looks like the good guy.

What a joke.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

D'Angelo will be iso'd by them?

12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

SNITCH ***** THATS THA **** I DONT LIKE

13. i3artow i3aller

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">hmmm i see D Angelo Russell is trending... I actually liked his film. Thanks bro.</p>&mdash; IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) <a href="https://twitter.com/IGGYAZALEA/status/715080842138103808">March 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Kinky b****

Isolating him. Shades of when Yao was iso'd by Francis and the team.

1 person likes this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

russell just following in the steps of kobe, fellow Laker snitch

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is gold.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I mean, obliviously Swaggy P is getting what he deserves... Karma at its finest and most obvious state of being.

But what a really weird, dark thing for Russell to do, that's his own teammate who he's sharing a hotel room with, I mean he just ruined his marriage by "putting him on blast" with social media. Why in the hell would he do that? Does he hate Young? Or is he just completely numb to ruining a marriage of his fellow teammate through social media because he thinks its funny or something.... just really bizarre and incredibly unnecessary way to handle that situation. Reminds me of how ****ed up kids where in middle school and high school when they would just do things / go out of their way just to **** people over for no reason at all besides thinking its funny for some extremely childish and dark reasons.

1 person likes this.
  19. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

And to add to that, young sees the video has been recorded. Presumably then chews Russell out. And it STILL gets on the net???

How?

20. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

This is what you get when you build a roster full of toxic personalities.

But, if tanking was their goal, its genius by Lakers management.

Kobe, Nick Young, Byron Scott, Roy Hibbert and Metta World Peace in one locker room? That's how you tank a f**king season.

But the way around this is build a culture of high character guys. Look at the Spurs, their last franchise player probably never would consider cheating and their current franchise player Kawhi Leonard lives with his mom and never goes out. I guess thats impossible in LALA land, but mixing crazy personalities with that city is equivalent to introducing cocaine to an alcoholic.