1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes - Center of Attention

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blink, Jul 24, 2010.

1. blink

blink Contributing Member

posted yet? it's on the NBA front page :p it's mostly about chuck hayes

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/nba_tv/2010/01/07/20100107_centers_attention1.nba" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/nba_tv/2010/01/07/20100107_centers_attention1.nba" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

It was on earlier this year and I think someone made a thread about it.

NBAtv did a marathon of all the Real NBA episodes from this past year... I taped this one because I somehow deleted it last time :)

3. n_naik1

n_naik1 Member

Skip to 2:25.

4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I hate to be "that guy", but seriously... why no mention of the The Dream..

5. shsu33

shsu33 Member

I was just about to be "that guy" too! Kareem straight to Shaq?!? That's disrespect to Moses (3 time MVP) too. I understand leaving Ewing and Robinson out but Moses beat Kareem twice in the playoffs and Olajuwon beat Kareem and Shaq in the playoffs. The '81 Rox were not nearly as talented as that Lakers team, Moses carried them. To leave Moses and Hakeem out of that video isn't right.

Can't believe Chuck got that much play though. I hope other fans see that video and then realize that now he's our 3rd string 4 behind Scola and Hill. Yao, Miller, Andersen at 5. Patterson gotta fight hard to get 3rd string. This is the most quality depth team I've ever seen the Rox have!

6. Hayesfan

I thought the same thing... seriously.. skipping straight to shaq?

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

skips straight to shaq and then Yao Ming, Mutumbo, and Chuck Hayes.

nice.

8. Salvation710

Salvation710 Member

CHUCKWAGON !!!!

Hayes is one of the most baddest-ass Rockets ever. Chuck + Shane are so awesome that I can forgive JVG for 5 years of suckness.

9. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Olajuwon should definitely be there. Maybe he isn't in the video because of this? R.I.P. Dražen

Btw., George Mikan has Croatian roots.

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chuck Hayes is one of the MOST undervalued players on our team by far. He will get plenty of minutes this year... He is the best post defender in the league, and is a HUGE part of why we almost beat the Lakers without Yao. Pau Gasol and Bynum wanted NOTHING to do with him...

He deserves a long term deal. 6 years, 15 million... And he needs to retire a Rocket...

And by the way, He is only 27 this year. He has a long career ahead of him... Les and Morey owe him big for being that rock for us for all these years. Players come and go, but we are extremely lucky to have a player with no ego like Chuck Hayes...

He will be one of the best back-up PF's in the league. Write it down...

#10 RudyTBag, Jul 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  11. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

Yea I justed watched it. Nice vid about Chuck but I don't appreciate Dream being left out. Well at least they didn't mention David Robinson or Patrick Ewing. Then I woulda really been upset.

12. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

What everyone else said: Dream should have been in there between KAJ and Shaq.

Nice piece on Hayes though.

13. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

no joke man. ill go on record saying none of those guys could guard dreams post moves in his prime. Bill Russell would have been the toughest match up IMO. Long body/arms, smart, great defender.

14. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

I truly believe now that playing highlight reel can make a player looks so good!!!

Chuck hayes with the flush, leading the fast break etc. :eek:

15. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

anyone know if that last play where he stole the ball on the ground from ak was from the playoffs a few years back? there is a chuck clip im always looking for where he gets real excited after he makes a great defensive play and then throws the ball down for a fast break and he starts clapping, smiling, and screaming

16. Hayesfan

That wasn't in the playoffs.. that was during the 22 game streak. It's in my 22 game streak vid... he outlet the pass to luther who passed to tmac who made a three from it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Imz-vo5KQLI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Imz-vo5KQLI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

it's at the 5:23 mark

17. elindio23

elindio23 Member

is baddest-ass or bad-assist or worst-ass?

18. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Hayes is a rock, solid. I expect him too be called on pretty quick off the bench. I trust him in there(defensively), and I'm sure Rick does too. I'd like to see him retire a Rocket as well. I hope he doesn't get traded, but I'm sure other teams notice what he brings to the team as well.

Can't really believe so many under appreciating him here. I know his shot is ugly and he has no WOW factor, but if you look past the flash and see the hustle, hard work and his defense. Sometimes I do say WOW.

19. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I miss BOnzi Wells... :(

20. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

and Steve Novak...