1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thoughts on the Rockets vs Knicks from MSG.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by callmened, Jan 9, 2015.

1. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Lotta DH bashing in this thread. Let's remember how he put the team on his back and solely kept us in the Portland series last year.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Cool story (for real :)). New York is a great basketball city. MSG isn't
    called The Mecca for nothing. What got you watching the Rockets more?

3. callmened

callmened Member

yeah im just reporting what i saw. that was my first time seeing the rockets in person. i couldnt believe how much dwight was clowning around. the knicks are a JV squad charging varsity ticket prices.

4. callmened

callmened Member

i used to hate the rockets when they scarred my childhood when they beat my knicks in the 94 finals. but im over that now. lol. i was a big linsanity fan so when he ditched us to go to houston, i started following the rockets. even after they left i just continued to watch the team. fun to watch. i can honestly say i watch them more than the knicks now.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Hey OP where were u sitting? I was in 104 Row 5 above the Knicks player entrance but diagonally behind the the Rockets bench wearing my DMo alternate jersey.

Kinda of late on my 2 cents of the arena and fans.

1st visit to MSG for anything, have a bucket list I'm doing to visit all 29 arenas, this is my 6th. Very impressed with concourse, can definitely notice the updates/upgrades they did a few years ago. The only setback was that I only noticed there was maybe 3 entrances to enter the arena? I got there about 10 mins before doors opened and got in with ease.

Went with my cousin who's a Melo/Knicks fan, so I felt sorry for her. Seeing the Knicks team like this makes you appreciate the years between Yao/Tmac and Harden/Howard, those teams competed and we had legit shots of winning every game. These Knicks? OP hit it right on the head, this is a summer league squad. The guys next to me were hyped the Quincy Acy was coming into the game..... Quincy....Acy... "LETS GO Q". I think I made more sense getting hyped for Chuck Hayes than Quincy....

Fan beside me heckled Smith about how Pistons were undefeated (at the time) since he left, mocked Jet for being old yet when he drained a 3 got pissed because "you don't leave him open", and hates D12 cause he a "softy". There were times during the beginning Dwight did look soft, where IMO looks noticeable when during the start of games.

Was surprised there were plenty of Rockets fans there,even saw someone wear a KPap home jersey.

Anybody in town going to the Nets game tomorrow? I'll be there with a few cousins and flying back home on Tuesday

#45 Dave2000, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  6. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Damn, OP observation of Dwight kind of bumbed me out... but im not surprised... what surprised me more was that some guys posting on here are surprised...

He has to know that if he makes FTs he become unstoppable right? RIIIIGHT?

"sigh"

7. Tyler Hyellie

Tyler Hyellie Member

Y'all are worried about what's happening during warm ups? It's 30-60 minutes before the game...they're just you know....warming up. :lol

If he's jacking around during practice and during shoot arounds, then I'd be worried.

8. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Stop apologizing for Dwight.

If you're goofing around 30 mins before the game you're not focused on the task at hand. Explain to me how Dwight taking 3pt hook shots is helping him warm up?

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was called clutch city when reality hit knicks fans, that hakeem olajuwon was superior to patrick ewing and that in the end, john starks was overrated and vernon maxwell was clutch.

this is real, this is what a mvp looks like.
    this is what pat riley cannot stop with his thug defense
    this is dominance
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SeN34AZExv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#49 tinman, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015