1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's all the fuss about Morris?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by kidrock8, Apr 19, 2001.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Terrance, not Zach...

The guy disappears in big games, is too soft and just sucks when the pressure is on... Can you say Quitten?

------------------
    "Awesome baby!"

Dick Vitale

2. MattsayzIstillbelieve!!!

His is a case of a guy having all the talent in the world but almost no natural aggresiveness. Tim Duncan and him are just as unassuming but when Tim is on the court he wants to take it to ya. Morris is just playing a game. Maybe he just doesn't feel a need for the high level competitiveness that makes athletes into players. He is a nice guy. He can become a great role player with the right team. His sophmore year playing with Stevie made him a consensus #1 preseason pick but Kenyon Martin and everybody else slid right past him when it was seen how he reacted to being Maryland's go-to-guy. I would actually love to see if he could become a real player in a Rocket uniform. Somebody just needs to put some hostility into his game. Cause truth is he has all the talent but at this point almost none of the mind-set. And believe me, this is not like Cato's condition of not really giving a beep it's just he doesn't attack with the required confidence and killer instinct.

------------------
    ***Elie... we don't need no stinkin Elie Mobley's takin over ROCKETS IN 2000 BABY***

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Zach Morris? You mean the blonde guy in Saved By The Bell? I always thought Kelli was pretty hot. I am sure you meant Zach Randolph right?

------------------
    HEAD KNIGHT:
    We are now... no longer the Knights Who Say 'Ni'.
    KNIGHTS OF NI:
    Ni! Shh!
    HEAD KNIGHT:
    Shh! We are now the Knights Who Say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'.

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited April 20, 2001).]

4. Swami

Swami Member

Well, he is 6'9" with long arms. He has quick feet, he can block shots, he is a decent rebounder, he runs the floor well, and he can shoot the ball from 3 point land. That usually at least gets the scouts attention. Many have questioned his heart and leadership abilities. However, since he played so well with Stevie Franchise at Maryland maybe he would be a good chemistry pick. Stevie once told the Rockets that this little guy named Moochie Norris could play. The Rockets give Moochie a chance (when no other NBA team would) and you know what, MOOCHIE CAN PLAY!!! If Stevie were to say that Morris can play (and obviously we need a small forward if we loose Shandon Anderson to free agency), then I think I'd at least consider him. Morris might just make a good perimeter defender under the new zone rules whereby supposedly there will be more outside shooting. Frankly, I'd rather have Battier, Bradley or mabey White at 13 if they are available, but I'd understand it if the Rockets selected Morris. Heck, compared to Collier at 15 last year, Morris would look like a basketball legend at 13.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Swami (edited April 21, 2001).]

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I agree. It's all a matter of chemistry. Steve and Cat could bring out the best in Morris. If we could grab Bradley at 13 and Morris with a later pick, that would be a great draft. Steve and Cat need to be team leaders. Terrence would fit in well, IMO.

------------------

6. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I've vacillated on Morris, but presently, I'd be in favor of picking him up with one of the 20s. I think he'd be available, and as long as he can hit the spot-up 3 consistently and focuses on using his long arms in defense, I don't think passiveness is really such a concern. Obviously, some intensity would be great, but he'd be a complementary player with the Rockets. I think he should be able to transition well to the NBA as a role player. I'd take him if he's available then.

------------------

7. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

Isn't Bradley some 7 footer from the East Coast? How many of you have honestly seen him play, and not just read about him? I just don't put alot of faith in what I'm told about a player. I like to see him play with my own eyes.

Then again, anything is better than Cato.Also, the one position the Rockets don't need to draft for is power forward. Kenny Thomas is the ideal backup power forward for ANY team.

------------------

8. Swami

Swami Member

ROXTXIA,

If we somehow ended up with both Bradley and Morris in this draft I'd be elated! Barring a top three pick with a lucky lotto ball, I can't realistically imagine a better draft for the Rockets. So much could happen between now and next season with Hakeem/Shandon/Moochie and other free agents, but that would be an UNBELIEVABLE GREAT DRAFT!

------------------