1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for Nexus 6?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by OmegaSupreme, Jul 7, 2015.

1. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

title says it all.

i have a white 64gb s6 edge in mint condition. it's the tmobile variant, but UNLOCKED to be used on any gsm carrier (i'm currently using it on att and it works flawlessly). will also throw in 8 cases i have for it. knox is not tripped, so you don't have to worry about warranty issues (although tmobile doesn't give a darn about it anyway). spent almost a grand when it came out three months ago, so it's a pretty good deal.

in turn, i'm looking for a white (color may be negotiable if offers are limited) nexus 6, preferably 64 gb (although gb is negotiable). non vzw and sprint variant only, pls. should also be in mint condition (no scratches on screen and elsewhere).

boredom kicked in with this phone and looking to get back in the nexus life. ☺

edit: forgot to add houston area only.

#1 OmegaSupreme, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I was intrigued by the S6 Edge, I guess it loses its fad after awhile?

3. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I have a mint 32GB Midnight Blue Nexus 6, unlocked and rooted. I also have this case for it, new in box. I'll direct message the IMEI number to you.

Let me know if you have any questions about it, thanks.

4. OmegaSupreme

you know me, dave. any phone loses its fad with me after a few months. :grin: seriously, i don't think i've stayed with a phone longer than 3-4 months in the past few years other than the vzw galaxy bastardized nexus. lol. loved that phone though.

i was telling biggiestuff that i feel dirty when using non-nexus stuff although touchwiz isn't as intrusive as it used to be. there's really no question that this is the prettiest android phone to date (imo, but white n4 and white/bamboo moto x 2014 being a close second) but with any non-nexus device, developer support is never as strong. that's why i'm giving it up... because i like messing with stuff. ☺

hmmm... mint condition? if so and w/it being both blue and 32gb, do you mind if i keep a look out at this thread for one more day? if no one responds by midnight tomorrow, i'll take your offer. meet up on thursday with sim cards in tow?

sending imei via dm as soon as i click reply on this msg.

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

No problem, take as long as you need to consider other offers. I'll be out of town from Thursday until Tuesday night, so I can meet you before or after if you want to trade with me.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

yea, I'm Team Nexus all the way, I wanted the N6 desperately but I couldn't justify the cost and settled with the Moto X 2nd Gen from that Cyber Monday deal. Curious to see what the next Nexus will look like, if it doesn't impress me as much, I'll get the N6 to last me for another year or so.

You are right about TouchWiz, I got my dad the Samsung Grand Prime (Cricket's prepaid version of S4/5) and the TouchWiz on it is acceptable now compared to my last Samsung phone I had, 2011 Droid Charge.

7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Do you still have this? I think I would be interested in doing it.

8. OmegaSupreme

moto x 2014 is rock solid. ran with cyanogen on it for the longest.

will likely get the smaller of the two nexus when released this year. looks be darned. ☺

hey, darkhorse. ricksmith (the first responder) and i came to an agreement late last night. we're meeting today to make the swap. he and the crew jump on deals pretty quickly in this forum. doubtful that anything goes awry in such a straightforward transaction, but if he has a change of heart, i'll shoot you a pm.

btw... post more.

9. OmegaSupreme

thx, rs. cool arse guy. ☺

goodbye one-handed phone operation.