1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Durant may come to H-Town after all

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 30, 2015.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

So through my 4 hr binge of YouTube videos yesterday I've come across some pretty sweet gems (see my previous "Baby Beard" post with video of a young Harden).

This video is high school footage of Kevin Durant, Ty Lawson, and Blake Griffin. While, I heard stories of how talented Durant was before committing to Texas, I didn't realize how dominant Ty Lawson was! He' literally unstoppable on the offensive end. Durant definitely is the best player on the court in this video, but Ty Lawson isn't too far behind.

My point here is that Durant will have a choice next year to join forces with (2) former teammates (Lawson and Harden), a big man in Dwight, and a state he is familiar with! Let the dreaming begin!

Here's the link if my embedding attempt is a total failure!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy8sgkRVtgo

[youtube]Cy8sgkRVtgo[/youtube]

2 people like this.
  2. Play07

Play07 Member

at first I didn't think we had a chance, but now I keep finding out how close him and lawson are.

so as long as we get a meeting, I think we can can be a top pick for him with HARDEN & LAWSON being here, it will be hard for him to turn that down if we go farther that OKC in playoffs this year.

he gets to play with his boys.

HOWEVER we have to see

Lawson - how he fits what happens with his contract summer
    Howard - FA situation (he will opt out unless he gets hurt)
    Durants - (health this season)
    Other players - see what other players are also on the market if howard walks, is cappella ready etc

3. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

Well, here's to hoping Ty and KD don't go to DC. I think they have a good handful UFAs next summer too. (I think)

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Supposedly Durant and Lawson are old friends and both are chummy with Harden as well. We shouldn't overlook this as it is financially possible to add Durant without losing Lawson just need Howard to take a little less than his max.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

PG Lawson, Beverley
    SG Harden, whoever
    SF Durant, whoever
    PF Whoever
    C Howard, whoever

I'd go to war with this!

6. Lando

Lando Member

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We definitely have a shot.

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

I may be remembering incorrectly but weren't Durant and Howard jawing at each other at one point last season and Durant called Howard a p***y?

9. frontline94

frontline94 Member

in hindsight, its the competitive spirit. depends on whether howard can let it go. I'm sure Durant has

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Dwight, Harden and Durant met each other socially after Houston was ousted.
    It's possible that Durant and Dwight have made up with each other.

11. Marteen

Marteen Member

People are in for a rude awakening if they think he's going to Houston, but hey it's the offseason.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think Durant will come to Houston, but I believe that there a chance that he might come to the Rockets because of Harden.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Even Anthony Davis may come to H-Town afterall. I heard he went to college with T _ones and he has budded up with Harden and Durant during all star break and Howard is his role model

14. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EV6R0906hu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

PG Lawson,whoever
    SG Harden, K.J.
    SF Durant, K.J.
    PF DMo, Harrell
    C Howard, Capela

That is an awesome lineup, also it is very doable.

16. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

Video observations:

1) Blake was already an expert flailer and flopper in high school. I guess we can let Chris Paul off the hook for teaching him.

2) Weird seeing KD play down low so much. He pretty much got big man buckets and threes.

3) Blake Griffin's jersey looks like it may weigh 90 pounds.

4) Seen the same with Harden's high school videos, but it is funny how similar some of these guys' mannerisms on the court stay. Facial expressions, the way they carry themselves, celebrations...all look the same then as today.

5) Three NBA all-stars in one AAU game. What do you think is the most ever?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would finally give Durant the chance to upstage Lebron. Lebron formed a big 3, Durant forms a big....4-5

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I can't see it happening. Look how close Smith and Dwight are!! :rolleyes:

19. micah1j

micah1j Member

You mean alot less than his max. His max will be near 30 million. Rockets will need the starting number to be near 20 million. Now you can still do a 100M+ contract (5 years) from that starting point. This is assuming Ariza & Brewer are traded for no players.

20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

They wasn't close, it was really forced on them about the "AAU" crap. You can easily see they don't really don't have that "close" of a relationship.

Who knows, it's a pipe dream.. and we got a increase in cap space too.