1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics 27-0?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by aussie rocket, Nov 15, 2007.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I seriously have this team projected (of course barring notable injuries) to
    not lose a sinlge game until Dec. 29 when they are @ Utah.

and even thats winnable.

Seriously look at the schedule up until then. Any loss by them between now and the Jazz would be an upset.

Fri 16 vs Miami
    Sun 18 @ Orlando
    Wed 21 vs Golden State
    Fri 23 vs LA Lakers
    Sat 24 @ Charlotte
    Tue 27 @ Cleveland
    Thu 29 vs New York
    Fri 30 @ Miami
    Sun 02 vs Cleveland
    Wed 05 @ Philadelphia
    Fri 07 vs Toronto
    Sat 08 @ Chicago
    Wed 12 vs Sacramento
    Fri 14 vs Milwaukee
    Sun 16 @ Toronto
    Wed 19 vs Detroit
    Fri 21 vs Chicago
    Sun 23 vs Orlando
    Wed 26 @ Sacramento
    Thu 27 @ Seattle
    Sat 29 @ Utah

27-0 ... can you imagine how crazy this could get?

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

It could happen but I doubt it. In the NBA players get hot and cold all the time. The big 3 may have a bad shooting night and Baron Davis, Kobe or whoever could go for 40 +.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yeah it's almost cheating how ridiculously easy their early schedule is. coupled with the fact that they're in the east and it really doesn't get too hard at any point for them. was the schedule created before or after they got garnett?

i know it's random but not one powerhouse team through 27 games while we play phoenix, san antonio, and dallas SIX times in the first month. i'm not saying the nba would try to screw the rockets but i certainly wouldn't put it past anyone to stack the celtics early schedule and get the buzz really going.

4. DrRafay

DrRafay Member

this is why i get upset at all the people raving about the Celtics...Look at their schedule they haven't even really been put to the test yet...

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Once Alston is traded there in the three way involving LAL, it's over.

j/k

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Those guys are being played crazy minutes.....40+ minutes a night....that's insane....can't expect them to keep up the same level of play.

My prediction is they are going to lose to Orlando....one more win and they are toast. :D

Doc is going to have to realize that this is a long season....82 games of 40 minutes a night???

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i haven't looked at the stats but i always see them blowing out teams and then sitting in the 4th. are they playing the whole game up to that point?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No team has won 29 straight to start. This isn't even close to the best team of all time. This team probably won't win even win the title. They will lose at least 4, probably more.

But yes their schedules is easy. Hollinger's power rankings (the ones that had the Rockets consistently in the top 4 last season) would probably have the Celtics low due their strength of schedule.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

22-5 or 23-4.

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Don't care what their schedule is like. Breaking the 15-0 record will be incredibly tough. If I remember correctly the Rockets beat one of the best teams in the league at the time (Knicks?) to go 15-0 only to lose to a mediocre/sub par Atlanta Hawks team the next game.

Put it this way. The Rockets lost to the Grizzlies, almost to the Bobcats, and to a Laker's squad who were one Battier 3 pointer away from forcing OT and maybe winning the game. The only truly impressive wins thus far for the Rockets have been against the Spurs and Jazz yet they're not closing it out against teams they're supposed to beat. I don't mean beating teams that are subpar by two or three points down the wire. I mean dominating for a full 48 minutes.

11. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Orlando will get the job done.

12. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I'm just going to say that you all must remember last year Mavs record and compare it to Celtics record.
    Near,huh?
    Compare schedudele also!

13. Murph23

Murph23 Rookie

What an easy schedule! But Dwight & Orlando will take care of business!

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The big 3 are putting in some major minutes...they'll wear out at this rate.

15. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Let them finish 82-0 and get swept in the finals by us. They have the big 3, but come playoff time we'll have the big 5

Yao
    Mergady
    SF3
    Scola
    Wells

16. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

they did it before,so why now?

17. MiniMing

MiniMing Rookie

Wow, what a easy schedule.

18. 101 6 7

101 6 7 Member

Yeah, but with a schedule front-loaded with cream-puffs like that:

hype, Hype, HYpe, HYPE!!!!!!

then....

!!REALITY!!

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i love my rockets, but i'm kinda embarassed by this post. :D

i'm sure boston is shaking in their collective high-tops over SFat3

20. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I can't believe people are still doubting the Celtics. They are going to absolutley steamroll through the East if everybody stays healthy. I'd take Rondo and House over Alston and James eight days a week.

Unfortunately, they don't have a West road trip until the end of December, so we'll have to wait a while before finding out what they're really made of.