1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler Parsons News

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rdp49, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Rdp49

Rdp49 Member

Hello everybody,

Let me introduce myself, I am supporter of Cholet, I read your conversations, I propose to give you regular updates of your rookie

Chandler played his first two games for Cholet this weekend, they are friendly games

Here are his statistics

09/09 13pts 6/17 (1/5 FG3) 7rbs 3stls 1as ranking 13 http://www.jump-shot.net/boxscore.php?id=29253

10/09 18pts 7/9 (3/4 FG3) 5rbs 2ass 3to ranking 19 http://www.jump-shot.net/boxscore.php?id=29256

Each week I will give her new

Bye

Some pictures

http://www.cholet-basket.com/news/actualites/pre-saison-pros-images-n4783.htm

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the board, Rdp49... thanks for the update.

We knew Parsons was tall, but he looks a little bigger/stronger than I had remembered. Nice to see him hitting the three too in his first few games.

3. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Thanks for the update.

I'm really excited about this guy, I think he was a steal in the 2nd round, can't wait to see him put on a Rockets uni.

4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Thanks for the info!

He's definitely bulked up! His arms are huge!

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's never coming to the NBA. His game is suited for Euroball and will make more money over there than he will ever make in the NBA.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Most basketball players dream about playing in the NBA. Parsons has more than enough time to join the Euroleague afterwards when he is beyond his prime.

7. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I realize now that the Rockets have really only two types of players---point guards, and lanky 3/4 and in the case of Chuckwagon and Hill, 5 hybrids. A few exceptions, but our roster is dominated by athletic wings that could venture in the post a bit (but not too too much), and shoot nice jumpers/threes. So even if Parsons comes over, he's facing competition from pretty much all of the roster for his playing time.

8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Thanks for the update. If you saw the game, I was curious about a few things:
    -Based on his minutes it looks like he is coming off the bench. How does he look compared to his teammates? The stats certainly look very good.
    -How is his defense looking? I understand that will be his primary obstacle to contributing in the NBA.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Thanks RDP and welcome to the board. Keep the updates coming.

Look guys, how many guys who are 6'10", SEC player of the year, point guard skill level players fall to the 2nd Round of the NBA draft?

Parsons' main issue coming out of college is that he always leaves you wanting more. With a player with his offensive ability, BBIQ, ball handling skill, size, etc. you would expect him to dominate and score 20+ppg. Well he didnt do that. Instead in college he played very unselfish Basketball, and was more concerned with getting his teamates shots other than filling it up for himself.

I just dont see how this guy will fail in the NBA. He has the ability to at least be a real solid rotational NBA player. Hopefully these next few weeks gives Chandler the ability to see how he would exist as the primary scorer on his team, and have more plays run for him to be the main offensive threat.

10. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

From what you just typed I could've mistaken those characteristics as describing Chase Budinger instead of Parsons. (minus ball handling) If he develops a better killer instinct (scoring wise, taking over games offensively) he'd be a much better player.

11. dobro1229

Chase and Chandler are two way different types of players.

-Chandler is a much better defender at this stage of his career compared to where Chase was as a rookie.

-Chandler is a shot creator while Budinger is an off the ball shot taker.

-Chandler is a much better rebounder.

-Chandler has 3 inches on Chase, and can play some in the post.

-Chase can leap out of the building.

-Chase is a much better shooter who plays off the ball.

However,

-Both are white.

3 people like this.
  12. Rdp49

Rdp49 Member

Thank you all for your welcome

I made the same reflection, he has been working his physical this summer

For its size, it measures 2.05m in reality, it's a habit from players of the USA

Yes, it comes from the bench

I saw the first match

he has made a big impact, it seemed better physically, it is true that his teammates are tired of the physical preparation

It was very well integrated into the group, very good state of mind

Agree 100%

It really is a player who consistently plays for the collective, may be too

If he played for him, it could have come out of college with 20pts 10rbs 5 ass with no problems

He replaces Robert Dozier medical reason (FP), but really can not play in a post is there, it's not his game

Chandler will participate from 28 September to qualifying tournament of the Euroleague (3 games in 4 days), he will be televised, if the match is not too early for you, give you a streaming link and after games you can download the games with megaupload

1 person likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thanks for the update. Could Chandler turn out to be David Lee lite?

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Agreed.

Dan Langhi?

:)

DD

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

in the short time he got to work out with his Rockets teammates and coaches, Chandler was picking up the offense quickly. Made a good first impression.

He might surprise a few people.

16. dobro1229

Good catch.... still, Dan Langhi aside... it doesn't happen very often. Low risk, high reward pick in the second round. If he fumbles around the NBA as much as Langhi Ill be shocked.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

I do enjoy your knowledge in D&D, but I don't know which Rockets team you've been watching.

We have

2 Point guards who are basically only point guards: Lowry, Dragic
    2 Shooting guards who are basically only shooting guards: Martin, Lee
    5 Big men who cannot play the 3 at all: Hill, Patterson, Donatas, Scola, Hayes
    2 Players who are suited for playing small forward: Morris, Budinger

If anything, Parsons one of the easiest paths to rotation because the only players in front of him is another rookie and a 3rd year player who has been erratic in his first two years.

Also, Morey graded Parsons out as a 1st round prospect. He may be BSing. But assuming he's not, Parsons will get a legit shot.

18. Rdp49

Rdp49 Member

Hi people,

UPDATE

16/09/11 12pts 2/10 (0/5 FG3 8/13 FT) 3rbs 4ass http://www.cholet-basket.com/UserFiles/File/Stats%2011-12/Stats%20Chalon-CB%2016-09-11.pdf
    17/09/11 11pts 4/16 (1/5 FG3 2/2 FT) 4rbs 3ass 3to 2st http://bbs.clutchfans.net/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=208526

Chandler participates starting tomorrow at the last tournament friendly against Gravelines tomorrow and Maccabi Tel Aviv (vice champion of Europe) Thursday

The team Cholet is bothered by a lot of injuries (4 players out of 10)

I will give you the news Saturday

Bye

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

people can disagree with me, but i feel like this guy does not suck. rockets should at least give him a chance to see if he can at least outplay t-will. even though his college numbers dont look impressive, this guy looks like he has some type of skills in addition to his height.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

^ that's some pretty horrible shooting. Rebounding is low, but tends to be a bit lower internationally. Surprised at the assist numbers. But really bad shooting, considering it's his strength. I guess factoring in free throws, his points per shot isn't that bad for the 9-16 game...