1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Prediction) Roy Hibbert will have a career year

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Teen Wolf, Sep 29, 2014.

?

What type of year will Hibbert have?

1. Career year 15+pts 9+Rebs

32.4%
  2. Average year 12pts 8 Rebs

37.8%
  3. He'll continue to decline 9 pts 6 Rebs

29.7%
  1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

I think he'll Average 15+ points 9+ Rebs next year due to revised expectations and increased usage. I expect the pacers want to rehabilitate his perceived value around the league and will get him involved.

If the cavs could pick him up now for scrap pieces I think that would put them over the spurs in pecking order.

http://factoryofsadness.co/2014/09/28/cavs-talking-pacers-trading-roy-hibbert/

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Prediction: 11 pts, 7 rebs, 30 mpg, 7'2".

3. mig0s

mig0s Member

didn't he completely disappear in last year's playoffs?

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

With West aging and Lance and George out of the lineup, I should hope he'd be able to exceed his current career bests if 12.8 ppg and 8.8 rpg.

Though at this point he really can't afford another drop in scoring efficiency, which is typically what you see with increases in usage. Could you imagine a 7'2" center shooting >40% from the field?

EDIT: If it's true that the Cavs have been offered Hibbert for Waiters, Haywood and a future 1st, I'm kind of shocked they haven't accepted.

#4 dharocks, Sep 30, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  5. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Depends on the future 1st, right? If it's the Cavs own future first, I'm not sure that's a good deal. I think the Pacers could get more for Hibbert at the deadline seeing as his value is at an all time low. I do think Waiters could develop into a decent 2 guard for the Pacers if he matures a bit. I don't know that he'd necessarily have a greater impact on his team than Hibbert though. I also don't think the Pacers really want to make the Cavs even better than they are.

Hibbert needs to get skinny. It's just so obvious to me he is carrying around more muscle mass than he needs in his role, whereas the added quickness and agility from reduced weight could help his overall game. It's a different league, one where a huge 7'2 guy who lacks decent mobility is going to struggle.

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I agree, thing is reportedly it's the Pacers who have proposed that package. Salaries don't match, so something like Varejao or Thompson and Amundson would have to be added (or a 3rd team needs to be involved), but if I'm the Cavs I'd have accepted that deal yesterday.

7. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Who else is going to score for them. I think his numbers will be a career year. But I think his FG% will drop and the Pacers will be terrible (but they might make the pay offs since it is the east).

8. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

he will have a carrer season.
    close to 18 points and 10 rebounds.

9. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Monster year, and he'll exercise his player option on his contract and get the hell out of dodge. 2015 offseason will be all about the bigs in the NBA with players like Hibbert, Deandre Jordan, Marc Gasol, Brook Lopez, and Greg Monroe all looking for new deals...

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

A 7'2" player who has yet to break a .500 FG% will have a damn hard time getting to 15 points per game unless that team sucks so bad that they are forced to continue to go to an inefficient option. They can go to him all they want, but getting to 15/9 on inefficient shooting and increased minutes isn't going to fool anyone. Dudes value is all on defense and even that part of if his game seems to have taken a hit.

He'd be great for the Cavs only because they would only need him to play defense and drop his terrible shooting down to like 5 shots per game.

Other random stats that point to no chance of his happening.

Of all qualified centers last season he was...

2nd worst in points per shot
    The worst in adjusted FG%
    The worst in 2PT FG%
    46 out of 55 in TS%

11. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I find it hilarious that a career year for Hibbert doesn't even have him averaging over 10 rebounds a game. How can you be 7'2 and not get at least 10 rebounds per game? I'm pretty sure Chuck Hayes has had better rebounding seasons and he is more than 8 inches shorter than Hibbert. Totally unacceptable.

Add to it that he still is a below average shooter, never having a field goal percentage >50%, and you have to wonder how strong Hibbert is mentally. He has a good touch around the rim and can shoot a jumper but his focus just isn't there most nights.

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lol @ predictions of anything more than 4 rebounds per game

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm expecting Hibbert and Brook Lopez to account for about -2.6rpg.