1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Packaging Parsons and Asik for third star?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zoplicone, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I know Parsons is highly regarded in this forum, and I love having him as a Rocket. But if we signed Dwight, I think packaging Asik and Parsons might be the way to go for a third star. Chandler is great but he most likely won't develop into an all-nba star. He's arguably the best contract in the nba but that won't last forever, and his and asik's value might be at their highest right now, with chandler having two years remaining at that price, and asik coming off a great year.

Love asik too but there is no point in having him with Dwight when he can help fill a position we're in need of.

The circumstances don't work considering miamis position but an example I would do, which I know most of y'all would hate on is a parsons and asik for bosh trade.

Bosh would excel with Howard in the front court we would still have our backcourt from last year. Morey would just have to get creative with a SF.

What would you guys want realistically for asik+parsons?

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We can probably dump whites contract with asik and parsons because they're such attractive assets.

3. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I swear there is a thread created just a couple of hours ago titled "Trade For Chris Bosh?" that is right near the top of the GARM, and it is talking about almost the same thing lol.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Bosh is a better player than either of those guys, but probably has a lower marginal value to the team when you consider what his role would be here. He's not nearly as valuable as a third banana as he is when he's the #1 or #2 option. If we get Dwight he probably wouldn't get any more post up opportunities here than he does in Miami, so even with his talent, a very good 18-foot jump shooter/slightly above rebounder simply has limited value.

When you take into consideration his contract, vs. what we're paying Chandler and Asik, it just wouldn't be worth it.

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Sorry didn't see it.
    But I'm also curious to see what others would want for chandler and asik.

6. basketballholic

7. Jinstikal

Jinstikal Member

Rockets could trade Jeremy Lin and Chandler Parsons + fillers for CP3 as the third star, but in the long run this trade would favor the Clippers lol

8. pwnyxpress

You think Parsons + Lin for CP3 would favor the CLIPPERS? lol

9. pwnyxpress

I don't think we can get Bosh for Parsons + Asik anyways btw. Bosh's salary next season is like $19M. We would not be sending enough out. Without sending Lin, we'd have to give out almost our whole bench to get close enough to make that trade work.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I hear ya on that third option, but I think having a dominant front court like that gives us a much better chance at a championship.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I think a PF like bosh would be the safest star we can add. By all means I would still be all for getting Paul, but you never know whether harden or cps game would be affected with them as a backcourt. Bosh would compliment Lin harden and Howard very well.

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Something like asik parsons white and TRob would work for bosh.

13. Swag

Swag Member

nooooo parsons is my favorite player!

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Parsons+ Asik > Bosh

15. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

Lemarcus Aldridge for the 2..

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don't agree but the point I'm trying to make is
    Lin Harden SF Bosh and Howard is > Lin Harden Parsons Howard/Asik

Way more important having a star PF than having a star back up center

17. conquistador#11

lin +harden+parsons+asik for lebron and wade. we sign both paul and howard after they take paycuts because they're all about the 'chips. We can also get ellis to sign for midlevel.

check it out...

C-Dwight/smith
    pf-Demo/jones
    Sf-Lebron
    Sg-wade/ellis
    pg-paul/ellis

sound good?

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Asik and Parson would only be a package to get LeMarcus or Kevin Love...aside from that...who else would u want...(maybe Rondo, but he still is a terrible shooter)

1. No for Josh Smith...bc why are we looking to help the Hawks..and we'd already have a rim protector in Dwight...dont really need 2...Smith has to play great individual defense...which isnt his forte...his strength is late defensive adjusting blocks...and he is NBA mileage old

2. Parsons is really impressing me year by year...and both Asik and Parsons represent excellent cap value...Its great to get 3 superstars, but you have to have a serviceable bench or it all falls apart...

19. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

why break up something that is working, how about we find a 4 that can take us to the next level with the same roster.

20. ashiin

ashiin Member

Parson's contract basically makes him untouchable, I would be surprised if he gets traded away.