1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Sep 29, 2014.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

There should be a LOOK AT ME, I'M A CONTRARIAN forum.

2. kchin

kchin Member

Cuban's right about the loyalty criticism. Superstars are aware of the Morey/Rockets "see ya...don't let the door hit you on the way out" reputation. The free agents we're chasing don't want any part of that.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Yeah, only James Harden and Dwight Howard and....heh heh Jeremy Lin.

4. ApuN

ApuN Member

Cuban is a douche. Just like a spoiled 5 year old.

Why is this guy obssesed with a GM. Hes an owner for chrissake.

What other owner is acting like a petulant douche rag??

Please, this guy is really starting to be an embarrassment

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

You have to give it up to Morey for getting into Cuban's head this badly. You know the obsession runs deep when he keeps bringing the Rockets into conversations that have nothing to do with us LOL.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hey <a href="https://twitter.com/mcuban">@mcuban</a> does it get more frustrating to wait to win another title ?Cuban- &quot;What do you think? Ask the guy who owns the team in Houston.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mike Doocy (@MikeDoocyFox4) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeDoocyFox4/status/516653468665516032">September 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&quot;I don’t make predictions at all. I’ll call (<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> GM) Daryl (Morey). I’ll ask him.'' -- Mark Cuban on Chandler Parsons' ceiling</p>&mdash; Dwain Price (@DwainPrice) <a href="https://twitter.com/DwainPrice/status/516758026175660033">September 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

7. dream2franchise

The insecurity is strong.

8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

cuban is starting to realize he waaaaaaay overpaid for chandler parsons.

1 person likes this.
  9. dream2franchise

So some very quick counting at the NBA Transaction page at ESPN shows that from 2006 to 2014 (so far) the Mavericks have made 142 player transactions to the Rockets 160.

Spread out over 7 seasons it has Houston only making a couple more transactions per season over Dallas. I literally just counted each one with no thought towards the context of each deal.

The counting might also be a little off but you get the gist. No team is more trigger happy that the other but only one has the dubious distinction of letting a future MVP walk and of dismantling a team that just won a championship.

Hey, I'm on my lunch break what else am I gonna do?

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

One of the great things about this thread is updating my (lagging) ignore list with those defending Cuban. So freaking efficient!

Love Morey's comments, FWIW. Seems that he is starting to control Cuban's thoughts and emotions.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Alpha wolf Cuban calling in his army of sycophant knob-slobbing professional twitter b****es.

12. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

This x 1,000.

Cuban projecting inner doubts by lashing out.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Yes there was more to it. I posted about it when it happened. Let's just say that the Mavericks and Rockets front office structures are very different.

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Cuban has too much ego.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

DM, finish him.

Cuban is a douche.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

leave him be, he's clearly a little troubled

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

I am so sick of Cuban. He is a fan. He's competitive. I get that.

But stop saying that the Rockets only value analytics and that you value chemistry so much.

Don't use the lockout as an excuse for breaking up your championship team.

You said it yourself. You looked at the schedule for the lockout season (66 games, including some back to back to backs), and thought that your older team would not be able to hold up and compete again. You made a decision to let key pieces of the championship team go and pursue younger superstars.

You said:
    The season after winning a championship is a throw-away season? How is that even possible? That shows how much faith you had in your team and in your 'chemistry'.

So what did you do? You traded away players, created cap space, and tried to get a max player. You said
    You tried to get Dwight. But Dwight opted in and was traded to LA. You tried to get Deron. But he went to Brooklyn.

After you missed out on them, what did you do? In your own words:
    Made the decision to sign one year deals...and hoped to make it work? That sure doesn't sound like chemistry.

The next season, after those one year deals expired- you tried to get another star player again. This time
    You didn't get Chris Paul. You didn't get Dwight Howard.

Instead you signed Monta Ellis. It looks like you got lucky and Ellis is performing better and more efficiently than he did in Milwaukee. And you also signed Calderon, who you traded one year later....chemistry be damned....for one of the players that you let go at the whole beginning of this mess.

Dirk took a massive paycut, so you still had a lot of cap space. After missing out on Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and others, you used you used that cap space to throw star money and overpay Chandler Parsons. Who has been one of the better role players in the league for the past couple of years, but is not a star.

You can't compare what Morey has done to what Cuban has done. Cuban bought the Mavs and Dirk was already there. Morey had to try to find star players after T-Mac and Yao broke down. Which he did with Harden and Howard. Cuban tried to find other star players (Deron and Dwight) but so far hasn't had any success. Cuban talks about chemistry- but just comes across as a hypocrite. The Mavs have not been an example of chemistry no matter how much he tries to say that they are.

(all the quotes that I used were from Mark Cuban's blog, found here: http://blogmaverick.com/2013/08/03/lets-talk-mavs-mffl/)

4 people like this.
  18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Morey doesn't need any type of rebuttal. The season record will speak for itself, and Cuban will regret signing the Parsons deal

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Can't help but think about this image.

[​IMG]

20. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Cuban should stay away from the team, let the basketball people do their job.