1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Chandler Parsons as a Dallas Maverick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

[​IMG]

I agree. I think he'll have what most consider a disappointing season relative to expectations

If results are any indication the mavs coaches empisized defense less.

2. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Here's the 2014-15 Mavericks backcourt

[​IMG]

Is Monta Ellis the tallest at 5'11?

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Monta is 6'3, as is Harris, the other two are about 6'0

4. SexyButIgnorant

Raymond Felton shouldn't be getting minutes.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Role player? Chandler Parsons will be much more with the <a href="https://twitter.com/dallasmavs">@dallasmavs</a>: <a href="http://t.co/bPEXua5tTs">http://t.co/bPEXua5tTs</a> (via <a href="https://twitter.com/RobMahoney">@RobMahoney</a>) <a href="http://t.co/58liW5zCCA">pic.twitter.com/58liW5zCCA</a></p>&mdash; SI NBA (@si_nba) <a href="https://twitter.com/si_nba/status/517404538643685376">October 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Wooglin

Wooglin Member

Good to know Chandler is leaving the Rockets system that really held him back over the past few years according to this article. Now we can see how truly great he is!

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What's the difference between the C option after Harden and Howard, to being the C option behind Nowitzki and Ellis?

I guess common sense really isn't that prevalent in some circles.

It's disgustingly hilarious that a few nice words is all it takes to bend someones mind.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This. And I fail to see a huge difference in what they say Parsons will be able to do in Dallas vs what he did here.

He mentioned in that SI article being able to get the rebound and bring the ball up in Dallas, when he did that plenty in Houston.

The writer way overstated how much just sitting on the weak side waiting for a kick out he did while playing for us. He was essentially our 3rd creator and had the ball a decent amount of time and I expect that to stay about the same in Dallas.

He can't create for himself and the writer said that Dallas isn't planning on using him that way, so I just don't see where this much bigger role is coming from.

He's going from a free flowing offense and going to maybe a little more sophisticated free flowing offense. I dunno maybe I'm completely missing something, but I don't foresee a huge role change.

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Being a C option while playing the MOST minutes on one if not the BEST offensive team in the league who scored the most ppg and still not avgering 20ppg??

meh

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The media really has a vendetta against Morey, Harden, and Howard which is why there is so much negativity towards the Rockets right now. The article makes it sound like the Rockets just used Parsons as a spot up shooter when in reality he was given a lot of freedom in this offense. Based on what was said, it seems that they are planning to use Parsons pretty much the same way the Rockets did lol.

11. oldgunrules

oldgunrules Member

Gee he must really have been "offended". What's wrong with "role player" anyway? Too much bitterness is not good for health.

12. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

If being the 3rd best player on the team = role player, then okay.

I thought Parsons was treated pretty well here. We all loved him as a Rocket and were bummed when we couldn't keep him. Not sure why the media is making things look sour. :confused:''

13. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

The sneakiness of him being an "underated, valuable, role player" is gone. Every opposing 3 in the league now will want to prove that they are better than the $15MM per year player they are up against that night. The Arizas, Batums, Dengs, Kawhis, etc. will have a little extra motivation when playing against him and I just don't see CP being able to take advantage of those types of matchups. Hell, Batum already proved it.

Maybe I'm wrong.

14. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Haha I know. They just all look so short in that picture. They must have the shortest backcourt in the league.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

When he requires a double team, call me. Until then...
    [​IMG]
    Sincerely,
    - James Harden, Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitzki

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The article wasn't bad. It just wasn't accurate when it came to all the talk of Parsons bailing Harden out. I also noticed the not-so-shuttle shot Parsons took at Harden when he talked about how great it would be playing with a scoring guard like Monta Ellie.

Parsons will do just fine as a third option, super role player but he is what he is. He doesn't have the quickness to beat most wings of the dribble and he doesn't have the midrange game. Basically, and as the article said, he scores off of broken plays, spot up jumpers and in transition. Nothing to be ashamed of but he never showed any flashes that he would be able to consistently and efficiently create his own shot. I'm not sure how anyone watched his game and came to the conclusion that he could do so much more than he was already doing.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That article makes Parsons doing the same things he did here sound like doing different things.

18. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Carlisle is by far a better coach than McHale, but Parsons is not going to get the same freedom and favoritism McHale gave him.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

The coach was asked about whether Parsons has put on pounds to allow him to contribute at power forward behind Dirk Nowitzki.

“One man’s bulking up,” Carlisle said, “is another man’s not quite in shape yet.”

haha

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

On a team needing one piece to get over the top.

They need defense and three point shooting.

Who do you take?

Parsons or Ariza

I think we have the better of the two for this team.