1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Bullard is killing the rockets television broadcast.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdoggnic, Mar 7, 2010.

1. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I am getting increasingly moe irritated with him as the season goes on. Do we really need to hear every Motown hit thrown into the telecast? That was getting VERY old after about the 5th reference...and he made over 30 references! I also am getting tired of the officials getting every call wrong against the rockets, even when the replay clearly shows they got the call right. I am almost to the point where I would just rather mute the damn tv.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I thought it was GREAT. Bull has become the best commentator the Rockets have. Clyde has worn Bill down to a shell of his former self. Bull is a rising star in the broadcasting game.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He was awesome....why not have fun with it.....

DD

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Bull is the man...I enjoy his commentating.

5. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I don't care what Matt does, I enjoy him much more than Drexler. Matt is actually funny and don't get me wrong, he love the Rockets just as much as we do so who cares if he gets mad on bad calls. If we were broadcasters, we would too.

Matt Bullard is a ex professional basketball player and Bill Worrell is a Sports commentator. Bill knows how and what to talk about and Matt is just in there to help out. But after Calvin Murphy, Matt is the only decent guy that replaces him because I cannot stand listening to Clyde any longer.

So give Bullard some credit, he love the Rockets and want to see them succeed especially C-Bud.

6. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Why shouldn't you have MoTown references in MoTown? ;)

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They all suck... Bring back Calvin.

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Bull is good and getting better but he can get carried away with the anti-ref junk from time to time.

9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Hit the mute button.

Personally, Bull is very knowledgeable on what he is talking about unlike Clyde. Clyde is a freakin joke but those guys are both way better than coach Van Chancellor (sp?) that guy was the definition of terrible.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Calvin Murphy is the best.

11. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

"I also am getting tired of the officials getting every call wrong against the rockets, even when the replay clearly shows they got the call right."

What the....???

12. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I have no problem with Motown references in Motown. Do we really need over 30 of them though? Or the numerous Beach Boys references because we played against the nephew of one of the band members? Or the corny "in like Flynn" reference? Or the...

...and I definitely agree Bullard > Drexler.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Bull has a fantastic combination of comedy, insight, homerism, and strong moral convictions about the game of basketball. That is a recipe for success.

14. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

trust me, i have seem worst, just be happy, we don't have those announcer from boston or cavs(wtf is zipping through the b line with the z line.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bullard eating on the job. Nuff said

16. HiroProtagonist

Bull rocks! i wish he would cover the home games as well. i can't stand listening to drexler. he always sounds like he would rather be doing something else.
    i have no idea how old worell is but i hope like he hell he doesn't retire anytime soon. it's just not a rockets game without bill worell.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I also feel that Clyde would have a difficult time carrying on a conversation with a 5 year old. He has no business being on tv on a semi-nightly basis.

18. zlray700

zlray700 Member

Yeah man Boston is the WORSE.

19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Matt Bullard brings humor to the broadcast. I always laugh at his jokes and he makes the game a bit more interesting.

20. AggieRocketsFan

Bull cracks me up