1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anybody have AT&T U-Verse?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hippieloser, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Does anyone here currently use this service? I just moved into a new place and the landlord has us signed up for Uverse. Basically, it's an IP-based service that provides voice, data, and video. Here's a link to an article in the Chronicle about it:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/silverman/4919846.html

Some of the stuff Uverse offers is pretty intriguing. I don't have an HDTV (sorry tinman) so those features and drawbacks don't concern me. Apparently the internet is very reliable and fast so that's cool. However, I've heard that the DVRs are true pieces of junk and that there are other service issues as well considering this is still a new service.

Anybody got Uverse? Do you like it?

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

wish I could offer up some advice from experience, but unfortunately I can't. I'm getting uverse on the 21st when I move into my new place.

I do have a co-worker that just got it recently though, he was quite skeptical initially...needless to say he loves it, and has no complaints. hope that helps at least slightly. by the way, get a hdtv what the hell is wrong with you?! :p

also, thank you for your sig. everytime I see someone say "dominate" it pisses me off so bad. it seems like everyone does it too.

3. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

I got the U200/1.5mb/s plan and its worked out pretty well so far. For a landline, I ported my AT&T landline number to Vonage and the VOIP phones work pretty seemlessly.

A few things about U-Verse:
    -The internet is solid
    -SD TV is just as good as Comcast/Time Warner
    -The boxes do take sometime to get used to, they're not as good as Time Warner's
    -the HD quality is terrible. OTA HD seems to be a better option.
    -And the installation took nearly 6 hours, which sucked.

All in all solid, but not perfect.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

say it ain't so on the HD quality...I'll cry.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Well, luckily for me, it's already been installed at my new place before I moved in.