1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dan LeBatard Stands Up For The Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Apr 23, 2016.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15305011

TL;DL
    Dan says that the media hate for Dwight perpetuates itself and he is treated unfairly, Kobe is a sociopath who used his platform to shyt on Dwight; Outside of basketball most people would want to hang out with someone with Dwight's kind personality rather than Kobe's sociopathic one; Kobe is proud of having no friends

Almost mind boggling to hear a member of the media say something not-negative about the Rockets,

Dan also went at Shaq on behalf of us saying that Shaq wasn't the greatest leader to be accusing Harden of lacking leadership skills

1 person likes this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeah, I clicked on it when you listed it on the other thread. It's a great listen for anyone interested.

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Well anyone in the media can see the Rocket hate is out of control. It just depends if any one of them wants to admit it like Dan and get flack for it.

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Yupp, conspicuously haven't gotten a response from that other guy:rolleyes:

Crazy that he is the only non Rockets reporter taking that stance, but I think he is exactly right.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Dan is highly highly respected in the sports world one of the best.

Nobody would dare say anything bad about him he Knows what's up and can get an interview with anyone

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden and the organization deserve it. Dwight does not.

7. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Thanks Dan. the hate is real. other so called experts love jumping on the lead take.

8. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

haha found it hilarious this thread went from5 stars to 3.

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

How so? What have James and the organization done that are worthy of hate? What has Dwight done (or not done) that makes him above your hatred?

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Blah Blah Blah. Can Dwight make a free throw?

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You should have got sick of your own schtick by now (God knows I have) because it's really, really tiresome.

Probably anything less than landing Kevin Durant this summer would leave you still unbelievably cynical and hateful.

It's been a disappointing season to be sure but we have to clear out the detritus, the jacked-up agendas....but not Harden and not Morey.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight deserves some criticism this season, especially in the 2nd half. At the same time, he's obviously declined a ton athletically and shouldn't be expected to average 20+ points with like 3 bpg.

His first two years here Dwight was phenomenal, but was still getting the same criticism he's getting today for whatever reason.

13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Orlando Dwight and Rocket Dwight..not even in the same realm

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Love how even after Dan laid out his point perfectly with perfect logical sense all those dudes said was

"Nope."

15. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Not that surprised. Lebatard thinks for himself.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

nothing wrong with Dwight's personality

if anything, he understands it's just a silly game and doesn't get emotionally invested in winning, because it doesn't matter, he's already won the game of life many times over

if you want to fault him for something, how about all the children he's fathered that he won't be around to raise?

17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Is this even true? Does he really not father them? He's not apart of their lives at all? He abandoned them at conception? He doesn't know they exist, but you do know they exist? Are you one of those children? Is Dwight your father?

Genuine questions. Is Dwight a deadbeat father because he has kids or are you just assuming he's a deadbeat father because he has kids?

18. Postcall

Postcall Member

They really do point out how useless sports commentary can be. His point was a good one, All big men like to be fed the ball or they get detached from the game.
    Lebatard's show rocks didnt think you guys would be a fan of his because of Stugotz "shut up JJ Watt" bit they do every week. (Not everybody gets the inside jokes.)

19. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

But do you?

Is it not enough for you guys to have your own stance on something, that you need to find podcasts, articles, and corral members to agree with you, as if their opinions automatically turns your opinion into a fact?

------

So I don't like Harden's more than occasional lackluster effort on D.

I don't need anyone to agree with me or some media members with similar opinion to validate what I think, because it's just my opinion, but apparently you can't really have those.

Except that I can, because I can also think for myself.

20. roksoer

roksoer Member

Ok guys listen, no one is out to get the Rockets or Howard or Harden or anyone for that matter. The fact is the team disappointed this season so that's what people will talk about when put on the spot to talk about this team. It's the Rockets storyline for this season, get used to it.

The reason why you feel that the Rockets get more criticism than other teams is because you're more sensitive to notice people talking about this team because of your affiliation with it. You're actively looking for Rockets related news and that's what you'll find.

The problem with Dwight is that he is one of the most physically gifted players of all time, yet he fails to capitalize on it because of his lack of understanding of the game and his inability to improve his weaknesses. This paired with his take it easy personality makes it seem as if he doesn't care enough to work on his game, or maybe he doesn't really give enough effort when he's working on improving. That's the message he sends out with his personality and body language. That's what the media will propagate and perpetuate.

All I'm saying is, stop giving a **** what's reported and what's not and think for yourself.

TLDR: The major Rockets news this season is they suck. You're actively searching for Rockets related news, which is that they suck.