1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dumbest Commercials

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Manny Ramirez, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

As I was watching the AFC Championship Game yesterday, I kept seeing these stupid IBM commercials. There's the one where the guy has an avatar on the desert island and then there's the one with the "buzzword bingo". But by far the dumbest one of them all is the one with all the people lying on their backs in a room "ideating". I guess their strategy is working as people (at least me) remember their commercials (despite the stupidity to them). But, IMO, I think IBM has officially overtaken McDonald's for dumbest commercials. What are some others you find dumb or annoying?

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

EVERY SINGLE SONIC COMMERCIAL!!!!

Those commercials have actually made me NOT want to go to Sonic. Everytime I pass by one I remember those r****ded commercials and I get sick.

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You sir, are un-American.

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Sonic commercials pwn. I kinda want some a dat poontang from the redhead.

I cannot STAND the Jeep commercial where then animals jump in through the sunroof and sing that god awful song. It almost pisses me off as much as TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS...

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You are correct on all accounts.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i havent really been caring for the new budweiser "american lager" commercials or that miller lite commercial where the dog jumps into the miller truck and then in the fine print it says the taste test was from 2005.

there needs to be more of the miller high life commercials

"8.95 for a burger they must be out their damn minds"

the commercials for last years superbowl were pretty lame it looks like its going to be worse this year.

just curious i dont know if the writers strike includes the people who write for commercials. or is that a separate union? I mean I am sure companies marketing teams come up with the ideas but I dont know if they write it too.

8. mbiker

mbiker Member

I just finished with a 4-day meeting that my company held in Florida. The meeting was filled with corporate buzzwords and acronyms. Certain buzzwords were used over and over as if they were trying to rid actual thought and replace it with mindless garbage. I thought Buzzword Bingo was funny and plan to incorporate it into my next meeting.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think the commercials are overly cynical but I think they are funny though. I like the server commercials.

10. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Commercial of the Year goes to the new Skittles commercial where anything the man touches turns to skittles.

11. tulexan

tulexan Member

Worst commercial for two years running...

THIIIIS IS OUUUUUR COUNTRYYYYYY

12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Wendy's commercials.

Close the thread.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

chevy trucks know their market though. they've been advertising on that kind of theme, down home goodness, for a while. Remember the "Lean on Me" commercials, or "heartbeat of america". they're just sticking to their market.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The Charles Schwab commercials that are animated. I'm sure the people they are talking to about their finances are just absolutely enthralled! :rolleyes:

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you know what's funny about those, they are professional actors and you can tell who the actor is from the animation. what's the point of the animation? :confused: I've recognized a couple of them. one of them is the fbi agent from the sopranos

16. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Word. They have been spamming these awful commercials (and there are somehow a million of them filmed already) all over the weekend's football games.

They are teeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrible. Which is a shame, cause I like Rob Wiggle.

Wendy's commercials are bad too. Dave needs to become un-dead.

P.S. Sonic commercials FTW

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, that's a big part of the annoyance to me. Plus, do people really sit around and talk about that? I don't think I've ever had a conversation with my friends about who I bank with or anything like that.

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

The Guinness commercial with little guys floating and shooting around in your beer kicking stuff. STOOPID!

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Agree on the Miller High Life Commercial with the big fat black guy (who I have recognized being on other commercials) as one of the best/funniest commercials.

Also completely agree on the Wendy's commercials and the Charles Schwab ones as ones that are stupid.

mbiker - I can see where you are coming from with the buzzword thing; it's just the way that whole commercial plays out with the black and white background and the goofiness of the woman who yells "bingo" - it just grates on me as very annoying (however it is not as annoying as the "ideating" one).

20. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I think this is the Commercial of the Year:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0eN9KP6lOZs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0eN9KP6lOZs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>