1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Egypt defends itself against Islamist terror

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

of course to the bolded part. Duh. ISIS is the scum of the Earth for me---not really too much hope of them reforming is there?

That doesn't mean nation-states should hold themselves to the lowest common denominator.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

And you think that the people the Egyptian government has to deal with are completely 100 % different from ISIS, yes? Or do they actually have something in common? And if they do, do you think that you can deal with them by just singing kumbayah and inviting them to roundtables?

3. Northside Storm

The Egyptian government has been "dealing" with minors, civilians, journalists, liberal secularists and Jon Stewart-like political dissidents as well---unless you want to make a mass sweeping allegation that everybody is ISIS because they're Muslim (oh wait, that more or less already happened).

Of course, Arab governments have been "dealing" with dissidents like this for ages with torture, repression, and killings. Great return on investment.

#23 Northside Storm, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Last I checked, Bassem Youssef was alive and well. In fact, he was on the same show with Jon Stewart. Show me sources regarding their dealings with liberal secularists.

Oh wait - that never happened. Stop making up lies.

Oh, sorry that the Muslim Brotherhood guys, whom you have been a big fan of on this forum, are no longer in power, and are being treated as the criminals and terrorists that they are. You do sound very bitter about it.

5. Northside Storm

*GALLUP SURVEY*

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...871dca-5ebd-11e4-8b9e-2ccdac31a031_story.html

Oh yeah, while we're on the silence meme---

By The Washington Post Editorial Board October 28

Just because your eyes and ears are shut---doesn't mean everybody else's are.

6. Northside Storm

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opinion/analysis/279161771.html

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I have been noticing that you have been a huge fan of the Muslim Brotherhood terrorists in Egypt, and that you are really, really bitter that they are not in power and are being treated like the terrorists they are.

On the other hand, you completely ignore fanatical Islamist Erdogan's incarceration of more journalists than anywhere else in the world. You seem completely fine with it.

Very interesting.

8. Northside Storm

http://www.internationalpolicydigest.org/2014/10/26/a-new-egypt-when-silence-can-kill/

Straight from the lion's den---

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4hPmpfsAWFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"The Army has killed us and tortured us---and the people out there know that."
    "The army has betrayed the revolution."

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If secular activists have been put in jail, I regard this as wrong.

I do know that you had absolutely no problem with your Muslim Brotherhood terrorist friends' actions against non-Islamists. Only now you are up in arms.

10. Northside Storm

sigh. Intellectually lazy.

I actually conversed with you on this, but I can't assume you retain any knowledge of that given how you can't seem to get your own positions straight.

This isn't the thread for it. But I have contempt for people like Erdogan who want to control the open web, and have acted upon it.

Congratulations! You brought the 'Fund Internet Freedom with Lantern' team one step further to making their campaign happen!

Instead of talking a big game: act on it.

https://getlantern.org/
    https://www.torproject.org/

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

When prompted, the intern will sometimes denounce the actions of Islamists like Erdogan, but only so that his constant support of other Islamists like the Muslim Brotherhood looks less bad...

12. Northside Storm

Once you've downloaded Lantern, and put up a Tor relay---you'll actually have some of your venting to go to use.

You hate Erdogan? Give Turks access to the open web.

Come on. I made it easy. It's a few clicks away.

https://www.eff.org/torchallenge/

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I am not clicking on any of your links. But feel free to google a few more. Anything to keep a dork busy.

14. Northside Storm

You're a man of many words, and few actions.

Keep that in mind when the world changes around you.

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I will click on your links once you have donated to this organization:

http://tmwf.org/

Show some proof on this thread.

Otherwise, you are "a man of many words, and few actions."

I am eagerly awaiting you taking action.

In the meantime, I will continue to school you, boi.

16. Northside Storm

Donate 100% - Add 3% so that 100% of the donation goes to TEXAS MUSLIM WOMENS FOUNDATION INC

I just empowered women and their children by making a gift to the Texas Muslim Women's Foundation! For more information visit www.tmwf.org.

TEXAS MUSLIM WOMENS FOUNDATION INC has partnered with Network for Good to securely process your online credit card payment via Network for Good.

Your turn. It had been a while since I donated to a good cause.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hmm...

That's what it said on my confirmation page. And it also says

Looks like you are quoting from the page BEFORE any payment is actually made. Tsk tsk tsk.

#37 AroundTheWorld, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Looks like Macb...I mean Northside Storm is trying to get more sophisticated in disguising his other user names on message boards...

I did click on the links, although what Northside Storm posted as proof seems a bit fishy.