1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UVERSE - FSW HD

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SlvrBtl, Nov 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. SlvrBtl

SlvrBtl Member

Anyone else having problems viewing the HD feed for FS-Houston? For some reason, it's showing the game as No Programming Scheduled at this Time.

I want my Rockets HD!

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

sorry to derail...but i was supposed to get my uverse installed today. but it turns out none of the wiring in my house isn't grounded, and so they couldn't install. :mad:

3. AGBee

AGBee Member

I have Uverse and didn't get the game either. I noticed that the pre and post-game shows were for the OKC Thunder...

I had no problem getting the games on FSSW HD when I had Comcast.

4. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

speaking of Comcast HD the HDTV feed for the Tech/Texas game on ABC sucked. I couldn't believe how pixelated it got and the overall choppiness of the picture. Anybody else notice this?

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I had the same problem with my uverse. Was this game actually on HD tonight? Can anyone with Comcast confirm the game was on HD tonight? I just assumed it wasn't an HD feed tonight and that the schedule was wrong.

6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

the game was on FSNHD on comcast I can confirm it because I watched it.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

What channel is the FSW HD for Rockets games? I've been watching them on chaneel 755.

I've had UVerse for two weeks and so far I am VERY unimpressed with the HD broadcasts. It looks like **** and I get the bars on top and bottom. Comcast HD blows away U-Verse HD wise and this pisses me off.

8. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

Yeah, the picture kept on coming in and out.

9. AGBee

AGBee Member

Looks like Uverse added several new HD channels to the guide (not sure when this happened).

1755 is one of the new channels - Fox Sports Houston HD. The Rockets/Celtics game is listed in the guide for Tuesday.

Looks like they just dropped the ball for tonight's game.

Comcast's HD is a bit better than Uverse, but not by much. I noticed Comcast's HD quality drop as they added more channels, and they are still far behind Uverse and satellite when it comes to available HD channels.

Black bars on the top and bottom? You're doing something wrong.

10. AGBee

AGBee Member

Might want to check if your box is outputting a 720p or 1080i signal, I'm pretty sure the install guy never bothered to change it from 480i on mine.

11. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

I live in an old house and the guy who knocked on my door said you can use some of the 200 dollar credit to get the grounding issue fixed. I don't' know what that entails but that is what he said.

12. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

What AGBee said.

Longhorn, with the bars on your tv it sounds like you might have the aspect ratio on your u-verse box set wrong. Hit menu on your remote, take it to "options", then "system settings". Aspect ratio is the first option. Go through the setup and make sure you read all the choices and highlight the correct ones (it's easy to think you set it when you didn't if you speed through it.) I just bought a new tv this weekend and I had that problem with bars too. The other thing is to hold the power button for 5 seconds and have it do a reset of the box.

I didn't get the HD for the game last night either, but all the new channels look promising. Almost 30 new HD channels if you have U400! It looks like they go live Monday if the info channel was correct.

#12 oomp, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It looks like they took away 1753 FS Southwest and replaced it with the three city FSN's... Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

how do you check this??

15. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

I just got uverse installed last Friday and I am not very satisfied with the picture quality. It is not very close to Comcast. I testd all teh channels, it sucks. It's terrible when you're watching sports, too grainy.

I'll give this a try for a month. If this continues I'll switch back to Comcast.

16. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

The channel has not been officially added yet, but they have a place holder for it in the guide. They are supposed to add it and about 30 other HD channels on Monday, so we should have it in time for the Celtics game Tuesday night.

17. RocketJedi

RocketJedi Member

Menu/Options/System Settings/Aspect Ratio

18. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

i'm getting unsupported format message.

19. AGBee

AGBee Member

What kind of cable is your box hooked up to your TV with?

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

This was it. I had changed it to 1080i but for some reason it reset itself to 480i, therefore I was getting the small screen with the bars and an ugly picture. Now that I've changed it back the picture is back to nice in HD, but still not as clear as Comcast. It's not so bad that I'm willing to change back, though. Still loves my U-Verse 400.

Thanks for the tip!