1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alfred Blue

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by body slam, Nov 17, 2014.

1. body slam

body slam Member

What's your thoughts on Blue?

I thought he looked improved yesterday vs the Browns. He's not Arian Foster but still looked good. I would like to see Blue a little more involved in the passing game. To be honest I would like to see a more of a committee between the two.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

He had a few plays where he impressed me. Overall, I'm not sure if his great performance was due to him so much as it was due to poor run D by Cleveland, but all the same this is the best he's looked. For a 6th round rookie I'm a big fan.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I think the story on Blue was that he was injured a lot in college, and then caught in a numbers game with a crowded backfield. Reminds me of Arian at Tennessee.

Give him some time and he might be a fixture back there. Not a world beater. But Foster-lite will do.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

I understand that the Brown's defense is not great against the run, but I was still impressed with him. He really gave his all. I think he will get better and better given the opportunity. Sort of like Mallet.

5. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Rick Smith should be fired for drafting him

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Alfred Blue over Lache Seastrunk? Are you kidding me? Unbelievable. Alfred Boo! He better be special. A mistake with Lache!</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/465219561952788480">May 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seriously though:

A problem I've noticed from him is that he tends to just run instead of being patient. Was a big issue early on in the season and the early parts of the Browns game.

As the game went on, I noticed he was definitely slowing down and thinking instead of just running.

I don't see full-time starter in him, but I definitely see an upper-echelon backup who is also great in ST.

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Also forgot to add this gem

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>That's it! Rick Smith is officially done! How many times can a GM pass up an RB like Lache Seastrunk? It's over, Rick. Here's your pink slip</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/465219106380083200">May 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I noticed his slowing down too but I just figured he was completely worn out. I mean 35 carries is a ton.

8. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

McClain is a big (pun intended) Baylor guy. I assume a lot of the Seastrunk stuff was tongue in cheek.

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Yeah that could probably be it, I hope not though.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

What happened?

11. Remii

Remii Member

I think he's a J.A.G.
    Solid #2 player though. But I do not think he can be a day and and day out #1 player like Foster. They possibly grabbed the wrong LSU running back.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We neet to bring in AD. Cut Foster.

13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why not have both. Not like we're paying a QB big money.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

bad gameplan/inability to throw the ball....basically a terrible offensive game.