1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Even the Tankers have to love it.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FranchiseBlade, Mar 10, 2002.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even those that want to tank for more ping pong balls, have to love beating the Jazz.

Our defense started out great this game. We didn't wait until being down by double digits before putting some effort into the defensive plan and executing a defensive game plan. I hope the players remember what it's like to lead for most of the game, and not have to play helter skelter to just get within single digits, so they hope they can make a fourth quarter comeback.

Even Steve Francis, played better defense. He wasn't the glove or anything, but his defense was greatly improved over what it normally is.

And what about Malone's Tech!? In a sense the Jazz style of crying may have cost them the game. That was classic.

2. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I'd say let's have bobbleheads every day!

2-0 against tough teams, baby!

Work it, CAT!

[​IMG]

3. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm all for more ping pong balls as well, but beating the Jazz makes for a good exception to the rule.

4. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm always ok with beating the jazz. DIE! JAZZ, DIE! Great way to do it, too ;)! The warriors loss was a make-up helper for the ping pong, I guess :).

KT was a man today.

5. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

Call me what you will but when we are picking 9th instead of 5th in the draft, I hope you guys enjoy rehashing this moral victory.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The draft....get over it.

How many IMPACT players do you get in the draft?

It takes until the 3rd year before most players are any good, so I say SCREW the draft, and let's just learn to win.

DD

7. Sane

Sane Member

I love beating Malone.

On the other hand, I do not appreciate the "axis of evil" comment.

8. Sane

Sane Member

That's so weird. I can almost swear I read someone saying "Add them to the axis of evil". My apologies.

9. knifejc

knifejc Member

No matter if we are tanking this seasons it always feels good to beat the Jazz

10. Georock

Georock Member

That was in another thread, the one about Cato blocking Malone.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the game were merely about mathematical calculations, and statistics I would now be cheering for the Rockets to lose. But IMO part of the fun of rooting for your team, is emotion, beating a hated rival, and watching a young team do something right, and learn about winning.

Learning to not have to play from double digits may be more valuable in the future than 5th and 9th place pick in next years draft lottery.

12. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

If we dont improve our team, playing from being down double digits will become a way of life...if we can improve our team, we may not have to worry about it. While I agree playing spoiler against a hated rival is fun...I'd rather not do it every year. Let them play spoiler to us and let our hated rivals earn moral victory and valuable lessons. I, personally , am sick of missing the playoffs.

13. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

Ping Pong aside....oh, how I love ping pong balls....

one win to watch the "Neck" Malone flail like a whiney a-hole and Sloan to rant like a chainsmoking, scotch drinking, crusty ole coach who has never won a championship and never will with arguably the best combination in the league ever.....is very very very very soothing to the soul!

The same goes for last night's win......minus the crusty ole coach thing...watching payton with his chin out looking like a baby who just lost his pacifier was nice (damn I wish he were on our team...another night)...

but, lets get back on the ping pong ball gathering task force and lose to chicago, the clips and seattle to balance these wins out!

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Frustration, I suppose, breeds hypocrisy. The Utah media, the coach, the players. They're so used to the Jazzholes getting all the favorable calls, and now they're has-beens, never-was'es

Hell, we made less fuss when Steve got tossed (for no good reason) on technicals in Salt Lake City.