1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

DRAFT KneeJerK Thread: 2012 Rockets Versus 2013 Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jun 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . . . . How does the team . . . as it stand now . . . .
    match up against the team that just finished the season?

No Bud
    No Dalembert
    No Camby [as of now]
    [No Dragic but We can say yea. .. he will be here]

Add the three Picks.
    Disguntled Lowry and Martin

Could last years team beat this newest team?

This is how you say whether you have improved or not!:mad:

Rocket River

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Right now, they were better last year - let's see what happens once Morey sorts out the overstocked forwards issue.

DD

3. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Break down all the extra pieces into players we can use, and I'm very optimistic about us going forward. However, if we can't land a high upside or proven player than can contribute for the next 3-5 years I will be very disappointed with out off-season.

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

If you add D-mo to our team plus our rookies? I say our team will be more talented than last year. I think we beat last years team. I am assuming what Morey will do with the resigns or replacements. I think this years team will be much better when its all said and done.

5. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Better. Season starts in four months too.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Maybe it is a perfect time to rebuild. I do not think we can make the playoffs with this roster if we are not going to make a big move, we have to wait to see since it is too early right now.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Aren't we still like a crapload under the cap? We are going to sign Camby and another big man.

Maybe we can move Lowry and Scola to Charlotte for future first rounders. I think Scola still has a lot of tread left on his tires, but it would be best to move on in case one of those tires has a 30 million dollar blow out. Martin on the other hand.....I have no clue if there is even a market for him.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Right now we have no centers, three PFs (Scola, Patterson, DMo), and three SF/PFs (Royce White, T. Jones, M. Morris)

SF: Parsons (its my belief one of the SF/PFs will become a successful SF..my money's on White)
    SG: K.Mart/Lamb
    PG: Lowry

RFAs: Dragic, Lee

Despite our problems with the PF/C position right now, I don't think that's the biggest issue. The biggest issue is what to do with PG and SG. We're in a very unfavorable situation where the disgruntled players are still in a contract but the content upcoming players can walk right now. Can Morey somehow trade away K.Mart/Lowry and re-sign Dragic/Lee?

Basically, our team is extremely screwed up and there's zero identity right now with this many players and potential trades/signings thats yet to happen.

9. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I don't really see this an issue. Lowry was a borderline all-star and tearing it up before the infection, and K-Mart is still one of the better offensive 2's in the league.

It wasn't until McHale arrived that they started to act up, so I don't think their attitude dropped their value much, it's just a matter of getting the most out of them. If we don't get Dwight, I would try to get either Noah, Asik or even take a chance on Kanter. Utah/Chicago need guards in a bad way.

Anyway on topic, the the starting lineup is still solid, so it's a matter of who do you want coming off your bench...

Bud/Dally(let's be honest, he didn't show up half the time)

or

D-Mo/Lamb/White/Jones

I'll take the rooks.

10. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

im officially excited for this coming season, I dont mind watching young talent develop...i hope thats what happens....or that we land a big name. ;)