1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GRAPHIC] Three Christian Schoolgirls Beheaded

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Svpernaut, Nov 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The image has been edited for those too afraid to see the truth first hand.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4421924.stm

Men held over Sulawesi beheadings
    Four men have been arrested in connection with the beheadings of three schoolgirls in Indonesia last month.

The Indonesian military said the men, who have not been identified, were being held for questioning.

The teenagers were attacked on their way to their Christian school near the city of Poso, in the eastern province of Sulawesi, on 29 October.

Jakarta said recent attacks on the island were an attempt to foment religious hostility.

'Masked attackers'

A girl who survived the attack reportedly told police there were six machete-wielding attackers, dressed in black and wearing masks.

About 400 police and 600 troops were ordered into the area following the incident amid fears that the killings would reignite religious unrest.

Sulawesi province has a long history of violence between Muslim and Christians.

More than 1,000 people were killed in religious clashes in the province between 2000 and 2001.

In the latest incident, gunmen shot and critically wounded two schoolgirls in Poso, on Tuesday.

"The perpetrators are believed to aim at provoking the religious emotions of the people in Poso so that unrest erupts," said Andi Mallarangeng, a spokesman for Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono.

#1 Svpernaut, Nov 18, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

hey, let's lose the picture.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Put the picture in a link, at least..

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Go Rockets!

5. Svpernaut

It says graphic in the title. I didn't post this for entertainment, people need to see the things these monsters do.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

You're an ass

7. Svpernaut

Why? Because I'm not afraid to post the whole truth unlike the US media?

8. mc mark

Nope! You're just an ass.

You think posting pictures like that is going to change people's minds?

9. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Do you think that the US media should show graphic pictures of wounded and dead Iraqis, Afghanis and US soldiers like the kind that are shown on Al Jazeera?

10. MadMax

it's just a matter of human dignity. that's a little girl. a real person. it's bad enough it happened...we don't need it blasted all over the place.

11. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

This is situation is definately despicable and awful. I think it is important to note though that the conflict between Muslims and Christians in Sulawesi is not new and there have been attrocities on both sides. Not to excuse what these barbarians have been done but it would be a mistake to consider this an aberrant act.

12. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

I only see one head, where are the other two? You need to list them all to complete the *picture*.

13. mc mark

It doesn't matter to people Svpernaut.

Just like it doesn't matter to people like Bush who can make fun of someone who's been put to death. They're both on the same level as the people that do this kind of stuff. Svpernaut himself said he wanted to skin terrorists alive.

14. Svpernaut

Most Christians would strongly disagree. It does need to be blasted all over the place, otherwise the true horridness of these acts would never be known. We show girls getting abducted all over TV and people getting shot by police, don't tell me we don't show graphic violence in the news. The world NEEDS to see actions like these to help strengthen the resolve in the fight against these bastards.

15. Svpernaut

Don't lie, feel free to find ANYWHERE I posted that.

16. mc mark

Svpernaut himself said he wanted to skin terrorists alive.

There I said it again

17. MadMax

I don't know what most Christians would say. I can't imagine Jesus Christ would think it's a real neat idea to display a little girl's dead body sitting next to her severed head. I'm one of his followers, and I think the dignity of that little girl is worth far more than any political message is.

And if this is causing you or others to harbor hatred in your heart...then it's a stumbling block there, too. According to that Jesus guy, that makes us muderers.

18. Svpernaut

And you are obviously a liar.

This article was passed on to me by 3 different "large" Christian news letters, so Christians do want to see this so they can pray and fight for their fellow Christians. Last I checked the Bible said to stand up against persecution of Christians. It isn't a "neat idea" to post these pictures, and it certainly isn't for "political purposes" am I running for office here? It is simply something many Americans and Christians want and/or need to see.

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You said it in the torture thread.

20. mc mark

If I'm lying, I'm dyin'

Svpernaut himself said he wanted to skin terrorists alive.

thegary even said he wanted to help with gas and beer money