1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Stern

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by W-Mac, May 20, 2005.

1. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Maybe its just me (which I doubt) but this guy is a total JOKE! We are staring a lock-out in the face. Let me mention the fact that this would be the SECOND lock-out under Stern. Something doesnt seem right about that. Anyways, at a time when Attendance and Revenues are UP, this jake leg wants to screw the players over by making the maximum length of contract 4 years, instead of 7. WHO FREAKING CARES? Whether its 4 years or 7, if a player wants to play his entire career with 1 team, HE WILL....no matter how long the "max" contract is. If it is 4 years, the player will play out the contract, then resign, so why does it really matter?

Everytime I see him do an interview I just want to throw somethig at the tv....he makes me sick!

A deal BETTER get done!

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I agree with all of Stern's comments regarding this. JVG situation is something I did not agree with but I'm a little biased on it.

Stern is asking for 4 year max contracts because he knows it will get negotiated down to about 5 or 6 years. This will get rid of many of the bad contracts teams get stuck with when players get guaranted money and then they let themselves go to crap. See Shawn Kemp. 7 years is too long.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Shouldn't this be in the NBA forum?

Anyways, I agree. Stern is a panzi.

4. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Stern's marketing savvy and leadership is one of the reasons NBA revenues, player salaries and worldwide popularity have exploded the last several years. The players should be grateful for what he has accomplished. But now, it's time for him to go. He is losing his grip and it's time for someone to take over and try to finalize the global reach of the NBA. I don't have a comment yet on the CBA negotiations at this point other than to say I think there will be a short lockout. It will take a lockout to get things moving and the players will buckle before the lockout gets too long. The league is in the position of strength in this negotiation, IMO.

Bye bye Stern after the CBA is wrapped up.

5. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Stern is a smug little man. But please, fellas. He ain't goin' nowhere til he wants to.