1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

dwayne wade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoMing#1, Apr 25, 2010.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I know its a long shot and highly unlikely to happen but how would the team comprised of yao ming and dwayne wade do? remember guys wade led a team of role players and an aging hall of fame center to a championship. I dont know about yall but that sounds a lot like our beloved rockets. I really think we need a real superstar if were going to seriously compete for the next 3 yrs and wade is that type of player. forget role players we have enough of them and adding more wont lead us to a championship and neither will staying put, i love our rockets and the direction were going in but lets be realistic guys were not good enough even if healthy to win a championship built around yao and brooks, now add wade in the mix without losing the two mentioned before and scola and i really think we can be a contending team? now i know that its a long shot but morey knows we need a superstar to compete and he seems to always pull off the unimaginable so hears to hoping we go out of our norm and get a real stud in houston im sick of losing guys and wade is that type of player. what are yalls thoughts?

2. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

It's a pipedream.

Wade is either staying in Miami, with either Bosh, Amare, or Boozer joining him.

If he leaves Miami, he's going back home to Chicago.

3. Raven

Raven Member

I don't see it happening. I just can't believe a guy who plays in Miami is going to give that up.

4. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

D-Wade's body is already breaking down. I don't want to see the rockets give him a long contract and that heat team was stacked

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

The Heat team is not stacked, LOL.

They have a bunch of scrubs like Richardson, Beasley, Arroyo, Anthony, Chalmers, and O Neal. And their bench is full of D-Leaguers. The only player besides Wade that is remotely consistent is Haslem.

Wade has to do so much for his team even to win by 1 point. If you pair him with a dominant center like Shaq or Yao, history tells us he's gonna lead you to a championshp.

6. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Oh, and I forgot about other scrubs like Dorrell Wright and Cook.

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

i hear what you guys are saying but if one of these star players is foreal about winning (wade, bosh,?) then why would they stay put or sign with new york i understand they are great cities to live in but so is houston. no team can offer the type of winning rotation for these stars to come in, be the man and compete all while still getting their money. we our a wade type player away from being contenders.

8. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I was talking about the 06 team.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

and that heat team was not stacked unless u consider aged wannabe allstars like jason williams, antwan walker ext. good players haha our role players kill that heat team all day. they won the chip because of dwade only hes that good and i really think we need to do everything to get him here imo. if we can pull it off we our instrantly title contenders

10. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

He's not talking about this years squad... hes talking about the championship team which was stacked... gary payton, d-wade, shaq, James Posey, Jason Williams, Alonzo Mourning, Udonis Haslem, and im sure im foergeting others

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lets say that on July first Amare, Lebron, Gay, Boozer, and Johnson all resigned with thier own teams, which isnt too hard to imagine. Lets say that Bosh went to Chicago in a SnT. If Miami has been swept out of the playoffs, as it appears they will be, thats the only way I think we have a chance at Wade.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

that team was stacked if those players were in there primes lol all those players were riding the coat tails of wade and shaq the names on the roster looked sexy but the only two real role players from that team that were any good was haslem and posey, the rest were just aged has beens

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Didn't we try this whole two fragile superstar approach already? :confused:

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Dwayne's body is breaking down..?? are u kidding me ?? have u watched today's game..?? :eek:

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Let's just hope he'll consider coming to houston, and then we can talk about the contract.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

ya im not to sure why ppl keep saying his body is breaking down. hes had one injury and other than that hes been fine, also hes won a championship and hes in the playoffs yr in and yr out sounds like a player id want on my team. for all you guys who dnt want wade and thats fine its your opinion, id just really like to know who u think is a better player than wade from a basketball perspectives?

17. devilsdandruff

totally not likely to happen.

18. amaru

amaru Member

absolutely no chance in my opinion that Wade gives Houston nothing more than a cursory glance.......if that.

Mark it down.

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

we no chance of getting wade, but whoever said they do not want him should not be posting on a basketball forum. his body was obviously breaking down today when he went of for 48 or whatever it was against boston... :rolleyes:

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Im the only one that thinks wade is coming to houston. :(