1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dave Grohl is the most underrated musician of all time

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Jun 12, 2015.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Confirmed. OP does not live in Houston, or his radio doesn't pick up the Buzz.

They will play the foo foos 2 times in every hour block, and usually 1 nirvana song.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The dude is pretty rock-in-roll.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ISXz9cnevWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gdQ_aC312ZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

As bad as it may sound to you local guys, I miss the Buzz.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

I miss 101x. Now that was a radio station. They played the best Smashing Pumpkin songs daily. Mayonaise, Soma, Rocket etc. Buzz just plays BWBW and today.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good on Dave Grohl and all, but I remember <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewWK">@AndrewWK</a> rocking his ass off from a wheel chair after breaking his leg.
    <a href="https://t.co/HcO7BCZKVJ">https://t.co/HcO7BCZKVJ</a></p>&mdash; ⒶⓊⒸⓗⓘⓩⓐⓓ (@AUChizad) <a href="https://twitter.com/AUChizad/status/610483283537825792">June 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Disco and Funk will never die ....

boomboom, CCity Zero, B-Bob and 6 others like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Awesome, I hadn't made that connection before, now I'll never not hear it.

boomboom likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He’s a good dude…but man is his music overrated and just not for me. Radio is prolly to blame fornit

10. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Foo Fighters are legends. That was the stuff i listen to growing up in 90's, and was one of my favorite bands. Nobody can hold Daves Nuts!, Boy can rock it like nothing else.

11. Buck Turgidson

This should go in the weather thread, 'cause we've got ourselves a Cat5 Fanboy Storm

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The most underrated musician as far as influence on other musicians is John Philip Sousa. Without marches and the wedding of marching bands to sporting events, many public schools wouldn't even have a music program. How many American musicians were first exposed to instruments and reading music because the Band Director at the high school wanted to grow the music program in the younger grades to cultivate kids to play at high school games and win marching band competitions? A freaking lot.

GIGO likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This thread is still silly

15. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Went to the Foo show on Fathers Day at MSG. Such a fun time. They never disappoint.

16. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Dave Grohl has always been properly rated. Once again, OP shows he doesn't have the chops to be a Buzzfeed writer - can't rank and rate things for ****.

17. Spooner

Spooner Member

The thread Dave Grohl is the most underrated musician of all time starts the same week Rzewski dies. Come on man...
    I like the foo fighters ok and I'm a huge fan of Nirvana but we have 21'st century titans dropping like flies the past few years. That is what I call underrated. There is an entire institution that will live much longer than the Dave Grohls of the world but our society is too myopic and shallow to see it right under our noses. Call me arrogant or silly or whatever you want but deep down you all know its the truth. By all means if you think a guy breaking his leg on stage makes him better at music you are free to think that way and frankly it wouldn't surprise me at all.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dave Grohl the person/media personality is much more compelling and unique than Dave Grohl the musician.

If he was a sullen, self-important d-bag, his music career would be totally forgetable.

BigM likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nah man... it was started six years earlier to torment you.

B-Bob likes this.
  20. Spooner

Spooner Member

LOL nice catch my man. Totally didn't see that. Well Ornette Coleman died literally a day before he made this post in 2015. A unanimous father of avant garde jazz died 6/11/2015 and this post was made a day later talking about Dave freaking Grohl being the most underrated musician of ALL TIME. Rofl.