1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacrifice Game 5 to end Mchales coaching Career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Beardaholic13, May 10, 2015.

1. theredbackpack

so it's a lock! :)

2. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

You know I must say I was all for Kevin until last night, that was the DUMBEST plan I even seen in a coach ever..

1. Let start off in the first quarter you had control of the game, what did you do start fouling which made no sense NONE.
    2. Dwight Howard from the tip off he was fouling doing stupid things(Kevin)should have pull in to side and tell him to calm down.
    3. James Harden will someone please tell him HE IS NOT A FACILITATOR he is a scorer. DO YOUR THING
    4.Josh Smith just BRAIN DEAD some of the things he does in a game bad shots,turn overs.
    5.Terrence Jones can he miss any more lay ups or 2 feet baskets UNREAL, just worthless.

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Maybe. But the one thing we know about Morey based on his mini-feud with Cuban is that the dude has an ego. And these losses to the Clippers reflect as badly on him as anyone else. That may not be enough to force him to change his philosophy about 3-pointers, free throws, and transition buckets. But it might prompt him to make major changes to this team in order to better implement that system.

4. hoopball

hoopball Member

then fire his ass too

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Somebody's working witchcraft

6. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

You see Malakas weather the warriors win or lose tonight, thats the type of performance you instill in you team down 2-1.. They are all brawling in their like this is the last game of their lives , while our players mindset is quitting midway through the 3rd..you might think this has nothing to do with the coach and its all on the players, but no sir its the exact opposite

7. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Andrew Bogut was put on Tony Allen defensively and it was ultimately the key to the Warriors' Game 4 win, and he finished with four points, nine boards, four assists, three steals and three blocks over 30 minutes.
    Playing small against the Grizzlies' size wasn't working for the Warriors and Steve Kerr made the type of adjustment that wins playoff series. Bogut (and later Draymond Green) sagged off Allen and into the paint, giving the Warriors' added muscle to combat the Grizzlies size, all while Harrison Barnes continued to be the Dubs' best defender on Zach Randolph. The effect was crippling and it has the look of a finishing move on the Grizzlies, who will need to think outside the box for their countermove.

There is no way you or any Pro Mchale poster can tell me this is something Mchale would've done
    Adjustments win or lose you games in the playoffs it is so truly underrated, its not all about talent. As soon as Morey realizes this the better we will be.

But adjustments isn't Mchales only downfall , thats why this situation is very scary to me

-Late timouts ( Tells me he knows nothing about the importance of the rhythm your team is in)

-Very poor Matchup guy ( Lack of understanding your opponents strength and weakness)

-Lack of Offensive sets

All this combined= impossible to win a championship even if we signed Kevin Love...Its never going to happen with him period. And i love him as a person but we are trying to win a championship here , contrary to what Les said about not passing the first round, when you have the best SG in the world and the best C in the world your goal has to be to win it all

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Never mind. What's that saying about arguing with stupid people?

9. Neped

Neped Member

I think they are keeping him around because of recruiting purposes and only that.

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

McHale isn't going anywhere. He's liked by players and he's a great puppet for Moreyball. Les likes the style coz it is fun=> $$$. So long we make playoffs, McHale won't be fired. Frankly, I think he's doing better and better job. I highly doubt we will ever win a championship with him, but he's improving...slowly.

11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

We will win tonight. Im not a Mchale supporter at all but Doc is the second best coach in the N.B.A. That said anything can happen. If we get hot from three for just two games we can still have game 7 in Htown. We will win tonight. Im just worried about game six.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What's frustrating is that McHale can make adjustments. We've seen him do it. It took him til halftime in Game 2, but he did switch up the Rockets' D on Griffin in the 2nd half and it helped them come back and win, even with Harden in foul trouble for most of the 3rd quarter.

Even going back to the regular season, remember that game at New Orleans where the Pelicans were destroying the Rockets and McHale switched Ariza onto Davis which sparked their comeback and eventual win?

Or how about that game at Detroit where the Rockets were playing like dogsh-t for the first 3 quarters. With Bev and Canaan being totally ineffective, McHale went to a no point guard lineup and the Rockets came storming back from around 20 points down and nearly pulled off the upset.

Sometimes unfortunately it takes McHale far too long to make these changes(see the Portland series), but he does eventually make them. What concerns me in this series is how little he's done to counter anything the Clippers are doing aside from resorting to Hack-a-DeAndre for an entire half in Game 4. Is McHale throwing in the towel? Does he have no gameplan for LA other than "play harder"? If so, it would explain why the players look so frustrated and dejected out there. Most of them are experienced veterans, but they still need some sort of direction from their coach.

13. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

According to Blatt a coach makes 150-200 CRITICAL decisions during a game. This quote is just too good, because this could explain why McHale just sits or stands than like he's shocked or uninterested. He's going nuts in his head, thinking about all the posibilities and just goes: "This cannot be, basketball is simple, basketball is simple, so many decisions, so many decisions!!!!!"

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Nice post.

I do think now we may need a better coach. One that is not too attached to Morey.