1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2011 Houston Dynamo regular season thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FrancisFan3, Mar 15, 2011.

1. FrancisFan3

FrancisFan3 Member

5 days til' the season opener at home against Philadelphia Union this Saturday. This will be the OFFICIAL thread for anything related to the Dynamo (games, transactions, construction on new stadium, etc.) this year. Here's the schedule:
    The majority of games will be on KHOU 11.2 and FSN Houston.

2. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

GAME DAY!!!

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

What a letdown but the Union did play a good game. Lets hope our Dynamo get it together by the Sounders game and don't start the season 0-2.

4. DrLudicrous

So disappointing, it's just like 2010 all over again. We have a silly mistake on defense that leads to a goal, and then we're completely helpless in the attacking third.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Who is starting at center mid this season?

How did the rookies look...or did they even play?

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I only watched for a while, but it looked like Cameron was at center mid

Bruin started up front but Ching was out and Jermaine Taylor (he is new but not really a rookie also started). Sarkodie did not start, not sure if he played, I turned it off pretty early, they were playing bad

7. pgsxdjp

pgsxdjp Member

Thats pretty disappointing. Wasn't expecting much this season but always have a glimmer of hope. Didn't see the game but I read that Oduro missed a pretty good chance. Not surprised.

Didn't know Ching was injured, but his play in the 2nd half of last season was promising. He's not the most creative but he can find the back of the net.

At least Charlie Davies will be here on Apr 29.

8. DrLudicrous

Sarkodie never got in, I wouldn't be surprised if he finds his way into the starting lineup before too long though. Bruin looks promising, but like Ching he's a forward that needs good service from the midfield, which isn't being provided.

Calling it a pretty good chance is putting it lightly. He was at the edge of the 6-yard box with over half the goal wide open and put it over the goal.

9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

They have to find a central mid. I like Cameron, but he isn't the answer there. It's been said over and over...their style of play REQUIRES a DeRe or Holden type that can distribute, create, and hit a shot from distance. Without that, it will be another playoff-less season.

Hey, I did that just yesterday...but this was in an O-30 game and I don't get paid.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Ideally, Cameron would be on the right side, I can't imagine the left-footed Corey Ashe staying there all season

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

QFT!!!

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I believe they've traded Oduro to Chicago. Should be announced tomorrow.

13. DrLudicrous

14. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

http://twitter.com/soccerbyives

Must be another trade possibly in the works. I don't think its a DP, Dom will gunning for one in the summer unless he's getting desperate.

15. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Held on for a tie on the road against the Sounders. Seemed like they had lots more scoring chances, but we had a 1-0 lead til the 80th minute. We finally gave up the goal on their 12th corner kick or something.

16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't get a chance to watch the game, but if Seattle had over 12 corners, it's a miracle we only let in one. That kind of barrage seems like it would lead to more goals.

Glad the Dynamo were able to get their first point of the season, though. Especially in MLS' most hostile atmosphere.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

they shouldda lost, tally hall made some amazing saves that kept the game close

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well, I'll take a tie in Seattle.

My goodness, do they have fans.

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Hall was brilliant.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPvnr9NhyIo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sPvnr9NhyIo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

In other news, it was odd for me to see news of Pat Onstad in another uniform... :( bittersweet news...

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member