1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koopa, Nov 26, 2009.

1. koopa

koopa Member

What went wrong here?

His past few games his averages dropped drastically compared to last season.. I really thought he would improve from last season..What happened?

His last good game was against lakers..it seems he can't do well against the good teams. I believe he has the ability do much much better. Is it because he doesn't have Yao and Tmac?

1 person likes this.
  2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

sometimes in basketball, players go under what is called a "slump." During this time, they report less numbers than before, and play with less gumption, indicating a "slump."

3. roksoer

roksoer Member

in my opinion, brooks is a very inconsistent player, almost at the same level as reefer used to be, well, still is, but with a different team. we need more consistency at the pg spot

4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

because lately Lowry has been getting more minutes, and yes, Brooks is in a slump

5. Hball

Hball Member

Adjustments, teams have adjusted to brooks without many orther weapons it will be easier to key in on him.

6. AGBee

AGBee Member

Perhaps proclaiming him to be a 20/8 all-star caliber player after 5 games was a bit premature :(

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I haven't watched past few games so I can't tell you much, but what we heard is that his main goal comming into this season was consistency. If he is gonna continue playing that way, this season may be a failture for him. :p

8. alethios

alethios Member

Well, we needed him last night and where was he...ridin the pine. I blame the refs :p

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Bottom line is when Brooks ain't scoring, we are struggling. Boy has got to score da ball, no way around it.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It takes A LOT for a player that small to be effective on a consistent basis. A LOT. He has the crafty shots in the paint down, a few others things, but not enough to propel him to anything more than a very good 6th man. Not yet anyways. It would be nice to see him have more of an impact making steals, especially using his quickness to get in the passing lanes. Yao makes Brooks better... contrary to what you might think.

11. jerrios

jerrios Member

This is good, now we get threads on whats wrong with AB after this game. No real mention on how Kyle Lowry should start over him. Lowry had his best chance to show that he was a starter to everyone with AB in fould trouble pretty much the whole game.

Since the Mavs made every shot he wasn't able to full throttle every play and he was pretty useless in the half court with the mavs playing off of him, since he can't shoot.

12. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Lowry is great to have on the team and who between the two makes a great debate; but, Lowry didn't quite play like a starter last night either.

13. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

The defense has figured him out.

14. koopa

koopa Member

I still think AB should start over him..lowry is just a good 6th man..if he was better than that he wouldn't have been third choice when he was in the grizzlies. AB is in a major slump..he hasn't been this bad last season.. and I was expecting a lot more from him this season.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

They are both backup PG's,you can't expect them to play consistently at a high level. The better PG's attack them and make it hard for them to come back by applying defensive pressure as well.

16. ikedog34

ikedog34 Member

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually think brooks should shoot the ball 18-20 times a game. His best games come when he is attacking. It'll mean alot of frustration at times, but if he's playing with shane and chuck on the floor, he's gotta be aggressive even when shooting poorly. Teams will have to come at him hard and open up more shots for others. And can we let the lowry starting thing go. I like him, but c'mon, that dude gets to dish to landry, budinger, and andersen...y'know, shooters. Aaron gets in bad spots because the starting lineup in anemic offensively and every team knows it.

17. Hui

Hui Member

He needs to reduce the turn overs

18. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

He's just in a
    [​IMG]

19. worzel gummidge

IMO Brooks best role would be off the bench like how the Mavs use Jason Terry.

Ideally, neither are starrting PGs but I haven't given up the PG by committee experiment. I'd like to see brought in a playmaking guard who can slide over to the one when necessary... IMO, a Dunleavy or Hinrich would be perfect.

20. jfidd11

jfidd11 Member

wen brooks wants to score i believe he can more often than not. I think rick's desire to prevent iso play and keep the ball moving is going to hinder brooks' numbers all yr