1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Williams Report

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, Dec 14, 2010.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Terrence Williams is 6'6 220 SF from Louisville

I like T-Will as player. He's extremely athletic and he has pretty good basketball IQ. He sees the court well. he's good off the dribble and he is very quick. That's a pretty good combination, something you want from Ariza but didn't get it at all.

He runs in transition every time he has an opportunity to do it. He's very strong and active defender, pretty determined when it counts. He has a lockdown mentality.

He has a good all-around game. He's very active on boards. He's trying to push a fast break everytime he steals the ball or rebound an orange. He can play first three positions and he is very energetic player. He tries to answer on every challenge. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not. Just like Ron Artest. But he's coachable.

He was coached by Rick Pitino and he used him as a defensive stopper which is crucial for Rockets team and for a guy who's playing near Kevin Martin as our wingman. He's good of the bench, he's valuable Sixth Man. He played with Courtney Lee before and they look pretty well but sometimes they were taking a lot of bad shots.

But he has two major weaknesses. He's unpredictable off the court, but it can change under Adelman.

Much more valuable for us is his shooting. He has some tools, but his shot selection is not good at all, especially when he's trying to save the nation (yes, like Artest) with taking four or five pretty bad shots. He has a average jumper, but his percentages are extremely low because of it

[​IMG]

He showed some strides with his pull-up jumper and he certainly need to improve it. If he'll become much better shooter from spot up situations, he'll start over Battier in 11|12 season. If it would not happen, he'll still be a pretty good spark off the bench every single night. He is definetely deserving late first round pick in 2012 draft.

Thanks for reading.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thanks for posting your thoughts.

3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Good lord I hope this works!

I like his potential tho

4. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Terrence Williams Analysis

I tried my best using Excel to calculate the averages through March and April of last year. He's a true STAT sheet stuffer.

Through March and April, T-Will averaged:
    14 ppg, 7 rebounds, 5 assists

Obviously, some of his games he was inconsistent due to being a rookie. With time, he will only get more consistent.

Some monster games:

- 27 points, 13 rebounds, 10 assists (Against Chicago)

- 21 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists (Against Charlotte)

- 14 points, 4 rebounds, 14 assists (Against New Orleans)

- 21 points, 5 rebounds, 9 assists (Against Phoenix)

Again, I think he will turn out to be a stud and a steal for Morey and the Rockets.

I've seen him play before at Louisville and I really think he plays smart at times. Might make a couple of bad choices, but overall, he understands the game pretty well.

On nbadraft.net:
    http://www.nbadraft.net/players/terrence-williams

NBA Comparison: JR Rider/Corey Maggette

DD might love the Maggette comparison but clearly, T-Will is a far superior passer but doesn't score as EFFICIENT as Maggette.

From NBADRAFT.net

Strengths: Freakish athlete with a good build and a great feel for the game ... Really showed that he has matured from his freshman year, by leading Louisville to the overall number 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament and an Elite Eight appearance ... He is a triple-double waiting to happen, averaged over 12 points per game, 8 rebounds per game, and over 5 assists per game ... He also led the team in steals with over 2 per game ... He is a defensive stopper who is able to guard multiple positions on the floor which should help him at the next level ... His vision and ability to pass are standout for a wing player ... Showed throughout the season that he has good ball handling skills and court sense ... Will be a 2-3 at the next level ... Has a great knack for knowing where the ball is, giving him an edge on the boards ... Put in the right situation, with the right expectations, he can really excel at the next level ...

Anyways, just wanted to give you guys info on this guy.

I hope and bet he pans out for this team. A perfect fit in the Adelman system.

Go Rockets!

-PS - I tried my best getting the stats and all the info as fast as I could. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

I want a player like Kobe, can he become the next Kobe? ;)

6. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i doubt that we'll get a player like kobe

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Reporter: Who would you compare yourself to in then NBA?

Williams: I try to look after and copy LeBron James. As far as passing the ball, defense and thinking team first concepts. And on defense I’d like to be like Shane Battier because he challenges every shot and doesn’t back down from anybody.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Terrence-Williams-507/#ixzz188ICP5cm
    http://www.draftexpress.com

EVEN BETTER!!! LEBRON + BATTIER!!!!

8. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

OK SF. Makes sense at SF. Hopefully he replaces Battier in the rotation. Thats why you waist a first round pick on someone after all. To become a starter.

9. ThaShark316_28

LeShane Battames?

Come on, I had to!

10. durvasa

Well, he did it on a really bad team, but clearly he has some talent. It could work out really well.

I just hope that first-rounder doesn't end up being a lottery pick.

11. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

everyone wants a guy like Kobe in his team but right now he's a poor man Andre Iguadala with small salary. He should improve his shooting to become a starter and after that we will see what he's all about.

He led Pitino's team to Elite Eight and Cardinals had the best record in Big East and third overall in East Regional behind only Tar Heels and Volunteers

12. AFS

AFS Member

lolol Lebrattier

13. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

His talent and potential never has been in question. His maturity always has and it recently landed him in the D-league. Hopefully he will wake up and fulfill his potential.

14. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I think the pick might be lottery protected.

EDIT: It is lottery-protected according to ESPN
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5920357

15. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Terrence Williams will be our Andre IguodalaI

16. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Someone forgot his crappy shooting percentage and TO. Oops...

17. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Supreme talented, athletic combo forward with maturity issues. Sounds like a job for Battier.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Reporter: Who would you compare yourself to in then NBA?

Williams: I try to look after and copy LeBron James. As far as passing the ball, defense and thinking team first concepts. And on defense I’d like to be like Shane Battier because he challenges every shot and doesn’t back down from anybody.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Terrence-Williams-507/#ixzz188ICP5cm
    http://www.draftexpress.com

19. durvasa

So we trade a future lottery-protected first round pick for a recent 11th pick who has good game but some maturity issues. I'm pretty ok with that. The current roster is upgraded a bit (even if not in a major way), and the kid looks to have some nice upside.

20. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

The thing is that Terrance Williams has really high potential. Much like a young JR Smith with worse shooting but more passing.