1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Disturbing Massive Attack News

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DCkid, Feb 28, 2003.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

<b>Massive Attack's Robert "3D" Del Naja Arrested on Alleged Possession of Child p*rnography, Drugs</b>
    Proving Gary Glitter really was just ahead of his time

Chris Leslie-Hynan reports:
    Massive Attack's Robert "3D" Del Naja was arrested in his Bristol, UK home on February 25th and questioned "in connection with allegations of the possession of class A drugs and Internet p*rnography offences," according to police. According to UK tabloid The Sun, detectives seized computer equipment and "a quantity of suspected drugs, believed to be ecstasy" in a raid made as part of the Avon and Summerset police force's Operation Ricochet, which is working in connection with Operation Ore, Britain's national crackdown on child p*rnography. More than 1,600 arrests have been made in connection with the sting operation.

Del Naja, who was released on bail after six hours, recently told The Sun: "I have never looked at child p*rnography in my life. I am fully co-operating with the police and I would ask everyone not to judge me prematurely. I have total faith in the justice system." Del Naja is only the latest celebrated musician to be targeted by Operation Ore: In January, Who guitarist Pete Townshend was arrested on similar Internet p*rn charges, but has yet to be charged with any crime.

Incensed Massive Attack fans have been crying foul over the takedown, suggesting that the child p*rn charges are intended to smear Del Naja's name at a time when his rabid public campaign against a potential war in Iraq might be less than appreciated by the British government. Well, okay, you guys, but what about the drugs?

2. drapg

drapg Member

bad choice of title!

I thought war had begun while I was sleeping!

3. neXXes

neXXes Member

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Heh, sorry about the thread title. It never crossed my mind.

This does sound a little fishy though. What reason did the police have to "raid" his apartment? Plus, it never mentioned they actually found anything yet.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I read about this on billboard's website yesterday.

I hope it is not true, and I want more information before I let this affect me one way or another.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I've heard the new album, which is mainly him after two of the others left the band, is absolutely amazing. The Onion AV Club has a review of it this week.

Okay, sorry to be tangential, but i hope this ain't true.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Wow...and all this time, I thought you listened to comedy or spoken word records!:p

Did you think "100th Window" was better than "Mezzanine"?

It took awhile for "100th Window" to sink in, but I really like it now; however, I don't think Del Naja is ever going to top "Mezzanine". That album is like in my top 5 of all-time in terms of greatness along with "OK Computer", "Disintegration", "Siamese Dream", and "London Calling".

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, usually I kick back with the soundtrack to "The Apple Dumpling Gang," or a "Smothers Brothers" classic, but when I have trouble going to sleep, I like a little trip-hop! :p

I should have typed "I heard *that* ..." I've heard good things from other people. I'm about to go get 100th Window today, actually. Do you think they released it in vinyl format, 78 rpm? :p