1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Game] The Last of Us

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Naughty Dogs next game:

[​IMG]

Reviews:

[​IMG]

OPM UK magazine 10/10

Empire online 5/5

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

So excited! Uncharted 2 was probably in my top 5.

3. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

4. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Wasn't interested in this game, but with all the great reviews..I'll buy it when it's $39.

5. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I thought the demo sucked but I also never liked Uncharted. The shooting mechanics are no bueno for me.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

I wish this was on the 360.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

IGN gave this a 10/10, as did many other review websites.

Some reviewers are pretty much saying Uncharted 2 is to The Last of Us as high school is to college.

And that's pretty ridiculous, considering Uncharted 2 was one of the best games ever made, imo.

Front-runner for GOTY for sure. This game might even singlehandedly help sell some PS3s, even though the next gen is coming.

8. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Holy **** I'm getting this. Sony exclusives and Naughty Dog FTW

9. Beezy

Beezy Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep.

It's like herd mentality sometimes.

"Hey! I'm cool! Everyone likes that thing so I'll be the cool guy and not like it! I'll be the only one!"

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Sony exclusive.
    :(

I actually think I'm going to get a PS4 this year, well that is if I purchase a console at all.

12. So Good

So Good Member

I usually buy games like this and NEVER finish them...I get like maybe an hour to play every other day and if I go like a week without playing games like this, I tend not to pick it back up. Or if I do I start over...it's a vicious cycle.

With that said...I'll probably end up buying this too, like a sucker.

13. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Is it true that console gaming is dead/dying? I keep hearing this analyst friend who pushes certain (shady) stocks simply because they are mobile gaming.

That makes me sad if true. I spent countless hours with friends and family (and by myself) on NES, SNES, N64, PS1, and PS2. I can't relate to a bunch of people waiting in line at the post office playing Zelda on their iPhones. It doesn't seem right to me.

14. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

That's a def no. Mobile gaming has a long ways to go considering all the power consumption. You would constantly have to charge your device to try to keep up with the graphics/physics of a console. Even then the games will be gimped compared to consoles and PCs.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

One of the best console games ever is just about to release on the PS3 -- explain to me again why I need a next gen console... how many games have been released in the past year that are epic? It seems like the PS3 needs to be tweaked -- it certainly seems able of producing incredible graphics. It's a shame the PS4 won't play PS3 games.

The PS3 is hitting it's peak -- it's not time to bring out a new system that can't play last gen games.

16. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Hard to see console games dying out. If it does, it will only start a legion of "true game developers" committed to making something because it's their passion - away from corporate pressure and crap. It might be a good thing, sort of like a cycle. Back to basics, gamers for gamers.

Anyway, they should have an ADHD version of every game. These strategic, low-ammo, hide from enemies sort of game is too much for me. Maybe have like unlimited ammo and just enemies everywhere for a noob mode. Missed out on Metal Gear and Uncharted because of it too.

17. oelman44

oelman44 Member

What industry isn't dying these days? But I would imagine if consoles were to die down, it would be to PC gaming, not mobile gaming. I don't think PSP's and DS's are beating out the console, but I'm not sure.

18. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

That's subjective. PC gamers are getting impatient waiting for next gen consoles since devs make games to their specs.

19. Poloshirtbandit

I had a few days off of work a couple months ago and rented Tomb Raider and played it almost non stop for about 2 or 3 days and finished it. Most games don't hold my attention more than an hour. It was a good game, but probably not something I felt like going through and playing again or trying to trophy-w****.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No console gaming is not dead or dying. Far from it. Its still far more popular than the PC market as of yet simply because of the ease of maintenance for a console. You don't have to upgrade, and the developers are forced to cater to a technical specification standard.