1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Soon Will we Know who Won?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Nov 5, 2012.

Tags:
?

How Soon Will we Know who Won?

1. Early Tuesday Night

15 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Late Tuesday Night / Early Wednesday Morning

31 vote(s)
    56.4%
  3. Wednesday Day

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Later this week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Later this month

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. December

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. January 2013

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was going to post this in the "What Happens on Election Day" thread but this is a slightly different questions because depending on how things play out, when the polls close, and reporting the answer could very widely on when we know who won.

If one Obama wins FL it could be over very early but if Romney wins Ohio and either PA or WI it could be over early the other way.

OTOH if Romney wins Ohio but doesn't capture PA or WI then we could be waiting to see how CO breaks.

Also it is likely that with this close of an election we are going to be waiting quite a while for reporting of all the votes in many states.

Looming out there though is a big question about what happens with challenges, recounts and possible lawsuits and if this is very close we could see no clear winner for months.

Finally the most unlikely but still possible situation is an electoral tie. Then we wouldn't know the winner until at least early January with likely a lot of litigation.

#1 rocketsjudoka, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Please no to the months later option.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

We should know in short order this time unless FL, OH and PA are too close to call early on. If Romney finishes within striking distance, wouldn't surprise me if Republicans file lawsuits over [whatever] to demand a recount/toss votes from districts that don't favor them/etc.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

ROFL

The Dems are already filling suits in Florida. Get real man.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For full disclosure I voted "Wednesday day". I think it is going to be close in a few states requiring counting probably into Wednesday.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I went late Tuesday night/early Wed morning. This is one of my favorite nights of tv every 4 years. I love the coverage, even with as cheesy as much of it has gotten.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

So who is throwing an election return watching party this year?

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well according to jopatmc, bobmarley, commodore, Bigtexx, TJ, basso etc. we already know Mitt Romney won. No need to waste time counting votes. Even if those votes say Obama they really meant Romney. Who would would want to vote for a Muslim communist from Kenya who is trying to usurp the presidency from the great American, Mitt Romney.

1 person likes this.
  9. jopatmc

Fox news, the most balanced of the news sources, is pumping the idea that this is a close, close race and it may not be decided for days.

Has everyone forgotten their sense? Has everyone forgotten what the #1 issue is in this election? Has everyone forgotten the EXTREME dissatisfaction by the electorate with current economic conditions??

It'll be over early Wednesday morning or before.

10. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Drop the crack pipe and slowly back away.... :grin:

11. bobmarley

Nobody already knows. The more you guys say stupid stuff and try to ridicule other voters the more I could care less to vote for your guy.

12. bobmarley

Is that all you can say? The guy says he likes a certain news channel and you make a joke about him smoking crack. Real classy.

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Probably 10 or 11 tomorrow night, Houston time. I think most people will effectively know at 9 p.m., once California and the West Coast states close. But Obama likely needs at least one of OH/VA/FL to clinch, and my guess is those states will be close enough that networks won't want to "call it" until 90% or so of the vote is in... which will probably take until close to midnight out there.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i know right. my vote depends on people joking around on a message board to. and im fed up with the remarks.

15. bobmarley

It doesn't depend it just raises my empathy level towards their candidate.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Geeze. Relax.

Did I just tell someone who goes by "bobmarley" that he needs to relax? Weird.

17. jopatmc

I couldn't care less about trying to convince you to vote for my guy. I'm simply stating what is going to happne.

18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

To lead with that about Fox was obviously asking for it in trollish fashion.

The outrage at the response is equally genuine. :rolleyes:

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I think you mean couldn't care less. Unless you do really care to vote for Obama? In which case, glad you've seen the light! :)